What's New at Lottery Post Mobile
January 26, 2020
- Added new feature that will 'speak' the winning numbers. Tap on the speaker icon next to the results to activate the voice.
September 12, 2019
- New Active Topics page shows you all the forum threads that have new posts since your last visit.
- The date and time of your last visit is now shown at the bottom of the right-side slide-out menu.
- In the forums, threads with new posts are now shown in a different color, distinguishing them from posts that have not changed since your last visit.
- Any thread with new posts now includes a button at the top for navigating to the first unread post.
- New Whitelist page shows you how to whitelist lotterypost.com in your ad blocker (and describes why it is important).
- General improvements, bug fixes, and performance improvements.
August 23, 2019
- Resolved issues with old Android phones, so "legacy" version of Lottery Post has been eliminated and redirected back to the regular (up-to-date) mobile website.
August 20, 2019
- Old Android phones (running Android version 4.3 or lower) are automatically redirected to a "legacy" version of Lottery Post, which is the mobile website as it existed right before adding PWA technology. This seemed to be a good compromise that allows Lottery Post to continue modernizing as an installable app, while providing a good experience for owners of old Android phones.
August 18, 2019
- Major new release, as Lottery Post becomes a Progressive Web App (PWA)! Use the Add to Home Screen command in the Member menu (right slide-out panel) to install the app on your phone. (The Member menu is opened by tapping the member/user icon in the upper-right corner of the page.)
- New left and right slide-out panels, which are activated by the menu button in the upper-left and the member/user button in the upper-right. Both panels received substantial user interface improvements and additional commands. On supported devices you will also get haptic feedback when opening and closing the panels.
- The Lottery Post Home page now includes a list of most recent forum posts.
- The Quick Picks page has a new option to copy all the generated numbers in one tap so you can paste them into an app or website.
- The user experience has been improved when the ▲ Load page above button is tapped in a forum thread: The page no longer jumps to the top of the newly-loaded page, but now stays almost exactly where it was when the user taps the button. Previously it could be disorienting because the page would load new content and shift its position when the button was tapped.
- Lottery Post now keeps track of how long it has remained in the background on your phone, so when you bring it to the foreground it will automatically refresh the page content if it senses the content is too old.
- Share button in the top banner now opens the phone's native sharing panel, if available, instead of the more limited set of sharing options previously available. The Share button is used to share the current page/content you are viewing on social media or with another app on your phone. For example, if you want to send a link to a Lottery Post page to someone through a text message, you now can tap the Share button and choose the text message app.
- The original Share popup, which continues to be useful for sharing to social media sites, is available by long-pressing on the Share button.
- The sliding animation between pages has been removed, making the experience quicker and more modern. However, the sliding animation is still available for those who want to restore it. To do so, go to the Options page, where you can choose the sliding animation or a couple of other new page animations.
- The top banner icons have been fixed so that they properly align in the correct positions at all times.
- The Options page contains a new command to reset the Lottery Post app and bring it back to its new install state.
- New "toast" notifications that are used to communicate quick messages that are shown for a couple seconds, such as confirmation that quick picks were successfully copied. ("Toast" notifications are named as such because they pop up from the bottom of the screen like a piece of toast popping up from a toaster.)
- Fixed a problem on the Options page that prevented a new desktop website timeout value from being saved.
- Fixed bugs with displaying images in news stories, as well as a display glitch in the comments section when there were no comments yet posted on a news story.
- Added links to Lottery Post's social media pages.
- Lots of little improvements, performance increase, and bug fixes.
May 22, 2019
- Added support for embedded Twitter tweets in news stories and forum threads.
May 16, 2019
- Added a social media Share button to the top banner/toolbar.
May 13, 2019
- Fixed some rare glitches with page navigation occurring after logging in.
- Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause the member avatar to appear in the wrong place on the top banner/toolbar.
May 11, 2019
- Added Italy lottery results.
May 4, 2019
- New "On This Day in History" page is available from the Resources page, showing historical events at Lottery Post and around the world that happened on today's date (or any date of your choosing), including news, lottery jackpots, events, births, and deaths. On This Day can be found on the Resources page.
- Member profile pages are now available right here in the mobile website. Just click a member's name to see their profile.
- You can now see any member's recent forum posts here on the mobile website. Click their name, which takes you to their profile, and then click the Recent Posts button to see an infinite-scrolling list of their recent forum posts.
- You can now see any member's shared favorites here on the mobile website. Click their name, which takes you to their profile, and then click the Shared Favorites button to see all the favorites saved by the member. (Currently favorites can only be set on the desktop website.)
- Major stability improvements to the forums on the mobile website, such as direct links to forum posts now correctly scrolling the post into view, avatar sizes that keep the correct image proportions, dynamic page adding that works much better in forward and reverse directions, etc.
- Fixed several links to the desktop website so that they don't bounce back to mobile and preserve timeout options.
- Several other performance and stability improvements.
April 5, 2019
- Updated forum font handling to improve display on iPhones.
March 19, 2019
- Added support for emojis in forum posts. Emojis can be entered into a forum post using your phone's Emoji button on the keyboard. Please note that emojis are different than emoticons — emojis are the picture characters that you can type into a text message on your phone, whereas emoticons are the images that you can insert into a message from the editor toolbar on Lottery Post. Both features are now available in the Lottery Post editor.
January 20, 2019
- Minor layout and bug fixes in past results display.
December 26, 2018
- Added support for iPhone XR and improved support for iPhone X, XS, and XS Max.
December 7, 2018
- Stability and performance improvements.
October 14, 2018
- Added support for iPhone XS Max.
- Forums now display entire topic titles wrapped onto multiple lines, rather than the one-line-only cropped titles that previously were shown.
- Stability and performance improvements.
October 6, 2018
- New Lottery Odds Calculator (available in the Resources page) quickly determines your chances of winning the lottery for just about any type of lotto ball drawing.
- Made the Refresh button in the top banner a little better at performing a true refresh of the current page.
- Fixed a display glitch for ads that dynamically resize to fit the device screen.
September 11, 2018
- Implemented next-gen image format for browsers that support it — currently Chrome (Android) — which cuts image download times in half.
- Fixed small glitch in a few pages where 12 noon was displayed as "0" (zero).
August 28, 2018
- Removed all "text shadows" for better performance and a more clean look.
August 27, 2018
- Fixed issue with users being returned to mobile website after the default timeout of 10 minutes, even though they had set the option to return after a different length of time.
August 24, 2018
- Performance improvements through the use of intelligent resource loading, as well as minor bug fixes.
August 20, 2018
- New swipe-right gesture on forum topic displays the thread in reverse order (latest post shown first).
- Now showing premium member names with highlight color (like desktop website).
- Performance improvements using upgraded caching and compression.
August 3, 2018
- Fit & finish upgrades, plus some performance improvements.
- Added fullscreen mode to text editor, plus fixed the emoticons popup so that it remains fully on the screen.
May 23, 2018
- Added labels on home page news stories showing the number of comments posted, as well as a link at the top of each news story to go directly to the comments.
May 21, 2018
- Improved spacing of title bar buttons when using recent phone OS versions.
May 19, 2018
- Added a Refresh button to the top title bar, which is especially useful if launching Lottery Post from a Home screen icon.
- The Back button in the title bar improved to keep its browser history when used with the new Refresh button.
- Added links to the Log In page for a username reminder and password reset.
- Improved navigation history and general functionality of Log In and Log Off.
- Fixed Log Off when Lottery Post is launched from a Home screen icon on an iPhone.
- Improved responsiveness of progress/loading graphics.
- General formatting and layout improvements.
April 20, 2018
- Improved functionality of tapping on Lottery Post logo in header: Tapping the header logo scrolls the current page to the top (as before), but now if the page is already at the top, tapping the logo navigates to the Home page.
April 14, 2018
- Added this What's New page.
- Forum browsing improved: When navigating back to a forum that you have previously scrolled down far enough to fetch a new page of topics, you will no longer lose all the topics that were loaded.
- Fixed a problem that sometimes prevented the Log In popup from showing.
March 5, 2018
- Brand new mobile website launched.
- Redesigned Home page shows the latest lottery news and provides multiple ways to navigate the website.
- "3 bars menu" in the upper-left provides a slide-out navigation menu to immediately jump to any part of the website.
- Member menu in the upper-right provides a slide-out panel on the right side of the screen for accessing log in/log off features, as well as options and information about the website.
- We've added the forums to the mobile website! Now you can navigate the legendary Lottery Post forums on your mobile device, and even post new replies in the threads. The forums and threads use "infinite scroll" to take advantage of the latest mobile touchscreen techniques, and not be stuck with fiddly page numbers.
- Lottery results (winning numbers) pages are greatly improved, with razor sharp graphics super legibility.
- New Resources section provides direct links to offical government lottery websites and other lottery industry resources.
- Using the "Go to Desktop Website" feature takes you to the same exact desktop website page that matches what you were viewing on the mobile website, rather than always bringing you to the desktop home page.
- Upgraded all the utilized technologies to support the latest smartphones and browsers.
- Better support for adding an icon to a smartphone's Home screen, including better icons and support for both Android and iOS.
- Support for iPhone X, providing extra space at the bottom to account for the "swipe up" gesture.