How much cash in to cash out?

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

I think this is anonymous, so you can be honest. And don't feel like you have to justify anything. I just thought this would be interesting to see. You can draw your own conclusions.

hypersoniq's avatar - binary

$8 most weeks, 1 ticket for Match 6 ($2 per game, tuesday and friday) and 1 ticket for Powerball with powerplay ($2) for wednesday and saturday. I used to be in the next bracket up, usually spending $20 per week (5tix for each PB draw and 5 tix for each Stupid6 (when it was big), or 10 tix each draw for just PB ). I will occasionally buy a cash5 ticket if it rolls over to 600k, but that happens less than 20 times a year.

I am not a believer in odds reduction thru multiple tickets, thus my 1 ticket per draw works for me... I usually lose anyway, only now I have an extra $12 at the end of the week. :-)

Well, with the initial results in, I am coming to the conclusion that:

A) When your looking at the predictions, people are using them to test their systems to see if they really work and what the return would be. Look at how many ten number bets there are on a daily basis by the same people and what the average betting range is.

B) Because of (A) the predictions should not be a basis on which to place actual bets.

Of course I'm a newbie to this forum and that already may be common knowledge.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg

i spend less than the options, so none of the amounts.

MetroPlex's avatar - 619631

$1-$5

If I had the money I might spend more...I just want to be in it.

MP

Quote:Originally posted by JKING on August 01, 2004

Well, with the initial results in, I am coming to the conclusion that:

A) When your looking at the predictions, people are using them to test their systems to see if they really work and what the return would be. Look at how many ten number bets there are on a daily basis by the same people and what the average betting range is.

B) Because of (A) the predictions should not be a basis on which to place actual bets.

Of course I'm a newbie to this forum and that already may be common knowledge.

predictions should only be the basis on whch to place actual bets, but only by those who made the predictions.

sadly, i know a few people who spend well over $500 a week.  i've seen people spend over $500 in one sitting on lottery tickets.  i know one person who used to spend approx. $1050/week on tickets.  i know a person who would come in only once every week or so, but he would spend well over $1100 each time.  both people are very wealthy, abnd can afford to piss away that much.  i know another person who will cash $600 checks, and spend most of it on instant tickets.  this person would also buy 25 cash 5 tickets when the jackpot is over the starting level.  the person also plays all of the triples for both mid-day and evening, as well as his own numbers.  this person also will play a bunch of the same game, and if someone else tries to play that game, he will yell at them because he fears that they will buy the big winner.

I'm glad to see that most people here are not going overboard. Even though there is to bet larger amount via wheeling, it appears most people aren't doing it. If they were the average bet amounts would probably be larger.

Mana's avatar - mana

Hmmn... I don't spend a whole lot, but I tend to hover around the same numbers I have in mind most of the time.

I have seen people spend almost $5000 in tickets before though.. eh... that was a line -.-

lately, it's been if i have enough money (i'm  cheap!), i play 666 $0.50 straight. if i feel like splurging, i play it for $1.  otherwise, i wait and feel good about myself (except for when it came up and i missed it.  i wasn't too happy about that.)

Ever since I started playing the lottery, I've kept track of every ticket I've ever purchased and the prizes I've cashed have equaled exactly 30.6% of the total money I've spent buying tickets; playing a combination of quick-picks and my-picks on roughly a 50:50 basis.

Recently, I've been driving to Iowa (I live near the border) to play the incredible jackpot run of HotLotto using advance draws. I sometimes play WI Megabucks but not regularly. On some special occasions, I'll buy seven advance draw WI Supercash tickets.

Over the past year, I've averaged about $8 per week on the lottery; usually Powerball. When the jackpot is under $62.5 Million, I play less number sets and add Powerplay to maximize any smaller prizes. Over $62.5M, I drop Powerplay completely and get extra numbers for those free dollars. When the Jackpot is over $116 Million, I usually add some extra sets. Over $213M, I always play more sets per draw.

I totally agree about the consideration of odds. I never think about odds anymore. All my ticket numbers are in the drawing machine :)

rabbitfoot's avatar - 8ball

On the last big Megas Millions game, I was dropping an average of $20 per rollover.  Now I have limited my bets to just $1 or $2 per game.  My luck is still the same- nothing to brag about! 

Rabbitfpot:

Megas= Mega + Vegas?

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Fri, May 27, 2022, 8:05 pm

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?