Massachusetts

Thought this might be fun.

AnnuityIsGreat's avatar - white face.jpg

I personally think they'll go ANNUITY with all major Jackpot games before they go cash.

BTW, the Red Sox are looking pretty darn good this year.  They might be due.

AIG:

Now I know why the Red Sox haven't won the WS since 1918...their players are afraid (since their home games are in Massachusetts) that if they win the WS, they'll get paid in annual payments instead of cash!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg

Yankee fan.  'nuff said.

I'll go wi

Todd:

Aren't you closer to Philly? (new park next year)

Nope, closer to NYC.  With the crazy highways in New Jersey, it's also a lot easier to get to NYC than Philly.

askjeeves's avatar - 8ball

Subway series will NOT happen this year.  C'mon, the Mets???  I'll have to admit that the BoSox are looking pretty damn good.  The question is, will they catch and surpass the Yankees?  Add another good quality pitcher and if Pedro remains healthy, the answer is Yes.

I predict a San Francisco / Boston World Series. 

Quote:Originally posted by CASH Only on June 28, 2003

Todd:

Aren't you closer to Philly? (new park next year)

I just passed by the new park yesterday. It's coming along but it's still kind of a shell. The Eagles new stadium looks awesome though. It opens in another month.
Quote:O
emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

sorry todd - braves will be in

I didn't mean this to be a BASEBALL thread. I was just pointing out how Mass. still has two lotto games which DO NOT allow players to choose lump sum. But, I couldn't resist the Red Sox drought!!

Somebody bought a ticket in Pittsfield for (7/2) last night's 6/42.

The jackpot was $7,031,765, but, due to the MASSinine rules, the winner must receive the prize in 20 annual payments - NO CASH OPTION.

Guess you can say, that's the Pitts.

The Mass. 6/42 starts at 20k/year for 20 years, NO cash option. What kind of stupid game is that?

Hopefully the 6/42 and 6/49 will continue their slow decline now that all of Mass.' neighbors have either MM or PB.

Last4Show page 2Page 3 of 4

Mass.' new Lottery Director has become little more than a puppet.

Both the Mass. and PA lotteries have brought on a new lottery director; neither has corrected their lotteries' biggest flaws.

It's no wonder that the Mass. 6/49 and PA Stupid-6 have been rolling over almost forever, with each jackpot growing at a snail's pace.

For some time, there has been talk of a new Fenway Park. Given the Mass. way of paying large prizes, I would prefer that NO lottery proceeds be used to fund a new ballpark, or any other sports venue within Mass.

Six months 'til tg636's ticket runs out.

According to the Mass. Lottery website, the addition of Texas to Mega Millions WILL NOT mean a change in the jackpot odds.

Somebody within Massachusetts finally is speaking out. Will it be enough?

Missouri Lotto (6/44) unofficially has a THIRD option: half cash, half annuity.

Mr Koutoujian, the blackout ended last week.

Quote:Originally posted by CASH Only on August 07, 2003

Six months 'til tg636's ticket runs out.

Yeah, no changes on the horizon, looks like this is it for Megabucks for me. I'll be going with just a Big Game one next year, and saving myself $90 in the process. Maybe the discontinuation of a long time Megabucks season ticket but not a Big Game ticket will send a message to someone at lottery HQ.  But I doubt it.  In addition to a lack of a cash option, I am also fed up that the smaller prizes have not been changed in years. Tri-state megabucks has a bonus number that gives additional chances at prizes. Mass Megabucks has done nothing, and it's especially annoying after all Cahill's campaign ads to see that he has done so little. It's time to give him and the lottery the big middle finger like they've been doing to players for several years.
Wonderer's avatar - animal swan.jpg

Hey I'm from Mass.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk

Everybody buying a lottery ticket is trying to win, so just trying is not enough, you got to be lucky unless you know sometihing that nobody else knows.

RJOh 

How about a "Wild Card" Lotto for Mass. (w/cash option of course) since the Red Sox' best hope is to finish ahead of the Oakland A's.

Looks like the Sox won't catch the Yanks this year either.

Might have been premature about the Sox. But MAYBE the winds of change are finally blowing through the Braintree lottery HQ...

Wasn't there talk some years ago of New England team(s) moving from the Boston area to southeast New Hampshire (Patriots?) I seem to remember something, but can't remember any details.

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Wed, Jan 20, 2021, 4:34 pm

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?