Cash 4 Life winner in NY also hit 3 2nd tiers prizes

So on 5/17 here is what NY Lottery is showing for winners of Cash 4 Life

1 winners of the top prize. Winning tickets sold in NY.

Winning Counties: QUEENS

Retailer Locations:
GOOD GUYS DELI AND GROCERY INC, 207-22 HOLLIS AVE, QUEENS VILLAGE (Play It Again)

3 second-prize winners. Winning tickets sold in NY.

Winning Counties: QUEENS

Retailer Locations:
GOOD GUYS DELI AND GROCERY INC, 207-22 HOLLIS AVE, QUEENS VILLAGE (Play It Again)

Which means,to me, someone replayed there ticket from the prior day (which is the 'play it again option').  They played the SAME 5 white balls and played them with EVERY Cash Ball.

WOW!!! Congrats to them!! Cheers

CDanaT's avatar - Nolz june15.jpg

Not a bad win at all. Pretty savvy player !

sam9009's avatar - bck

Amazing.

What do you guys think, birthday numbers?

I know 4 and 57 play a lot.

In response to sam9009

Good point, with the 57 being the age in years?

cottoneyedjoe's avatar - cuonvFT
In response to DELotteryPlyr

LOL that's pretty crazy. Good thing there are only 4 cash balls.

Still waiting to 'see' the winner on the NY Lottery web site ??

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg

First I've seen/heard about this particular win, but I dont play or follow C4L anymore....

I'm somewhat surprised by what this C4L player did, but then again I'm not.  Players in Brooklyn and Queens are known for doing this kind of thing.  I've seen them do it with Take5 as well.

I've followed their lead and have been doing basically the same thing with PowerBall once a week for about a year now.  Because all of the lower tier prizes are fixed in PB, I buy the same line 5 times on my ticket, and I add the PowerPlay option as well. The total cost of my ticket is $15.  I rarely know what the jackpot amount for the drawing is, I'm playing for a second place win. I do that because the odds are 11 million to one for second place as opposed to the 292 million to one odds to win the jackpot.

Should I be so lucky as to have all 5 of the white balls, the payout would be 10 million dollars.  That hasn't happened to me, but I have had the PowerBall five times on my ticket and won $100 because the Power Play number was 5G5

Not sure if the Regional Lottery Claim Centers have re-opened or not, but if they haven't that could be why we havent seen anything on The NY Lottery's website or in either of NYC's tabloid newspapers. (The Post and The Daily News)  Usually they cover any C4L jackpot winner and especially in this case I'm sure they'd want to report on it.  Could be this savvy player is holding off claiming their prizes too, just to let things cool down and they might be trying to avoid press coverage all together. Or it could be both!  The Regional Offices aren't open but the player is content to sit back and wait anyway. 

Whatever the case, what they have essentially done is win $10,000 a week for life. My guess is they'll take the lump sum if that's possible.  Dont know if C4L offer's the opportunity to take a lump sum prize or not.  G5

In response to GiveFive

And he sure as hell aint signing and mailing that ticket to the NY Lottery either!!!! That ticket is a "I'm takin' this baby to the lottery claim office in person!" kind of ticket!!!  G5

In response to GiveFive

Could be all the reasons you stated and maybe they are right on the line with their age ... go for the cash or get checks for 30 / 40 years. If the NY Lottery stays around and is still showing profits ... then maybe the checks are the way to go.

I figure anyone in their 20 and 30s could do well with the checks arriving every year ... however if the virus gets worse or a new more deadly virus shows up in the future and people are dying and no longer playing the lottery ... will the NY Lottery or 'any lottery' make future payments to winners, with not much money coming in?

Many things to think about ... 'money now' or gamble on the future !

I believe the cash is $7 million on the 1st prize and $1 million on the 2nd prize but don't know if all states do the cash thing.

Last Nite: 13 14 15 35 42  04

Interesting thing about last nights results... in the last 362 games, #14 and #15 are the number one and number two ranked numbers with #14 having 40 hits and #15 having 39. (That's since last July 1st when C4L went to daily drawings)

Year to date, #14 has 21 hits and is the second hottest number of 2020.  (#22 is first with 23)  #15 not so much, it's 10th ranked with just 13 hits this year.

Looks to me like in any 365 day period, it'll take 40 hits to be the top dog.  IMHO #22 with 23 YTD hits is in solid position to be the top hitter in 2020.  That said,  #'s 14, 21 and 41 are tied for second place with 21 hits YTD, so #22 doesn't have a lock on being the biggest hitter of 2020.  Guarantee you though, it'll be one of those four numbers.  (22, 14, 21, or 41)  Be smart and play those numbers every time you play between now and the end of the year.  You'll probably win a few bucks if you do.  G5

sam9009's avatar - bck
In response to GiveFive

Thanks for the info.

I have 14 22 41 42 57 / 02 for tonight.

If I get a hit from somewhere today I'll play same pick for a week.

Still haven't seen anything about this winner in the media.  Suspect the ticket has yet to be claimed as the NY Lottery Claim Centers are still closed.  G5

In response to GiveFive

Now that The NY Lottery Regional Claim Offices have re-opened (by appointment only) maybe we'll see something about the multi-tier winner.  But it could also be a while yet as the first available appointments are in late September.

And... last night there was a C4L top prize winner of $1000 a day for life on Long Island.  G5

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Wed, Sep 23, 2020, 8:30 pm

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?