Would you post a Major Win here on the Forum?

music*'s avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

I would. I will still be anonymous. I do not have a scanner so I might mail a copy of the ticket to Todd to prove my win and he could post it for me. Any other ideas ?

I will be taking the annuity option. I have my reasons. Do you want to read them ? Good Luck !!Party

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk

What would be the point?  You certainly don't have any plans to share it with a bunch of people you don't know or know you, so why should they know?

Like it says in the Bible,"Family first".  I will be telling certain family members who can keep the secret.

I do enjoy reading your posts RJOH  .  thank you !

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

wow annuity option, must be a big one too. Congrats by the way! Well to proof, you just need a picture of the ticket that is easily identifiable. But really, just keep it to yourself and enjoy the winnings. There's no need to show off 'cause it doesn't do you any good...and neither will the others. Most you'll get is a congrats!

In response to music*

if you win the lottery in California, there is no option for you to be anonymous. The name of the jackpot winner is public information as far as the California lottery is concerned.

here is the winner's handbook: http://static.sc-www.calottery.com/~/media/Publications/Popular_Downloads/winnershandbook_english9-13_sjk_02.pdf

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg

PriceRene,

I think by saying he'd still be anonymous music* means anonymous here on the board by virtue of a username.

music*,

No I wouldn't post it here or anywhere else.

mikeintexas's avatar - h87TsB4

I think I probably would, but maybe not with a big announcement.  I'd definitely P.M. Todd to let him know and maybe he could post a teaser that an LP member had won.   Everyone's going to find out my real name anyway and I wouldn't mind my nickname tied to my name.   I imagine I'd be way too busy to participate much in here for a while.

If I won enough money, I'd probably sponsor a contest w/ prizes from the LP store, just as a way of thanking Todd and giving back to the folks in this forum.  (well, some of 'em, anyway)

PrinceRene, I am here in sunny Fresno,Ca and I do read the winnershandbook.  So, thanks. I was thinking about coming online here at LP before my name was made public. Good Luck !Wink

thank you Coin Toss for your suggestion to remain private as long as possible here in California.Big Smile

p4wanbi, I was thinking that I would do a daily or weekly update on my experience as a lottery winner. I have not won yet so save your congrats for a winner.  I do know that I should not flash my cash to anyone else. Easy money has a strong appeal. No Pity!

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

oh lawd, you talk like you have hit it already haha.

In response to music*

..Daily or weekly update experience as a lottery winner?  Oh the Horror!

In response to Coin Toss

if he did win, the CA lottery would release the name of the winner and the name of the city where the ticket was bought. So the press release would be something like, John Smith won and he bought the ticket in Fresno, CA.

If Todd said that an LPer had won, we would know it was  music* because he's the only LPer from Fresno, CA.

Would you post a Major Win here on the Forum?

No, but not because of choice. The odds of winning is so remote, any further investigation of "what-ifs"... and .."what would I do?" would not be warranted.

In response to PrinceRene

.. That is why in California it pays to buy your ticket/tickets in a store a few cities away from your own. Lets say your name is John Smith who lives in Walnut Creek, if you bought your ticket in " Walnut Creek" and won..99.9% of folks who know you would it up and say " Dude we know its You; stop denying it". If the winning ticket was bought in Dublin or Pleasanton- all bets are Off..

Unless you one of these folk..

They ALL  Mr Singh's..meaning: Buy your ticket anywhere!!

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Tue, Sep 21, 2021, 12:12 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?