Fun 5's scratch off in Texas

Just filed today, $248 million dollar mass suit against G-Tech, owners of said ticket.  Search to read update.  Filed in Travis County Texas.

RedStang's avatar - laughing chimp.gif

What a mess. The  players will probably get screwed. A moneybag should mean you win.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude

While the description for what wins what could be a little more clear, it seems obvious to me that you needed to have the three 5's AND the money bag. The part with the 5 symbols is saying you "win PRIZE in PRIZE box" while the money bag one says "win 5 times that PRIZE". It isn't saying you win the prize with the money bag, but rather 5x the prize that you'd win with the 5 symbols.

They do need to be more clear, but I'd be surprised if G-Tech loses this suit. If they do lose, that's a big cost. That suit is 17 times more than the legit prizes they paid out and over 40 times the profit on the game.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
In response to RedStang

I've got a tic just like the one with the money bag and the $500. I knew it wasn't a winner because there isn't a $2500 prize tier for that game. It is a little confusing, but if there is no prize tier for that amount, obviously it's not a winner.

Dawn Nettles has had a bug up her hiney for TLC for years. But she has a big following so this has blown up.

RedStang's avatar - laughing chimp.gif
In response to ttech10

Ok i see that now. 

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Mon, Sep 20, 2021, 12:07 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?