Lottery Winners Gone Broke

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg

After reading the article about Jack Whittaker, I realized that a reality show about lottery winners who lost it all wouldn't be a bad idea.  I know TLC has that show about how the lottery changed people's lives for the better (mostly), but maybe there should be a show about how an instant winfall may not always be a good thing.  What do you think of the idea?

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
In response to DoctorEw220

I would watch it , but who is the loser world would want to be featured in it ?

Nikkicute's avatar - wi lotto3.jpg

There is a show called "The Curse of the Lottery" showing how things didn't work out.

I don't watch much TV and this doesn't sound like something I'd rush home to watch, but if I were channel surfing and a show like this were on, I'm sure I'd tune into it.!

HoLeeKau's avatar - 40827 jpg?1576607320

Dumb people make me mad and make me want to wring their necks.  I don't want to watch a show just to get mad.

Artist77's avatar - batman14
In response to Nikkicute

There is?  What network?

In response to haymaker

lol With all the nutcases from hoarders to my strange addictions, etc. there are a lot of people who want to be on TV (and I lot who like negative attention).

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
In response to Artist77
In response to Artist77

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw

My TV is for news, documentaries and sports. No reality shows, no game shows, no drama series. So my answer is a NO

In response to maringoman

Isn't a documentary the original reality show?

In response to maringoman

i vote no more commercialsNo No

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
In response to Artist77

The reality shows that we have on tv nowadays focus on the private side of the people rather than the topic. For example I love love love Nova documentaries on PBS (Shame on Romney for wanting to end its funding lol ). We never get to see the private lives of the scientists that are interviewed. I like that.

Project Runway, America Next Top Model, Top Chef, Real House Wives... Bed

The Jack Whittaker story is sad. Having been a hardworking man that worked himself up to a millionaire, you'd think he would've been more careful with the lottery money, but it's easy to say what you will and will not do until you've won a jackpot that size. I'd imagine he'd give every cent back to have his family back. From what I've read, he seemed like a good hearted fella.....perhaps too giving for his own good.....I'm sure he'd do everything differently if he had a second chance...At least I hope his story will help others make the right choices if or when they win.

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Mon, Mar 8, 2021, 9:37 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?