Kentucky Derby picks?

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg

I'm going with A.P. Warrior. If he has a decent race I'm going to bet very heavily on him in the Belmont. If he doesn't win, place or show in the Derby I'm thinking they'll keep him out of the Preakness and save him for the Belmont.

His pedigree suggests that he could be the next Triple Crown winner and if not that, then a real good bet in the Belmont. His daddy, A.P. Indy took the Belmont and won Horse of the Year as a three year old. He has Secretariat and Seattle Slew in his bloodline. Good credentials.

Good luck to all horseplayers!!!

be back soon with my picks!

good luck rick!!

OK, Mike.

My second choice who I will probably box in the exacta with A.P. is Sweetnorthernsaint.

brother derek,lawyer ron and my long shot i think will be a surprise will be.......sharp humor!

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure

I don't bet the Triple Crown races but... 

Bear in mind that Secretariat was "famous" for not throwing much in the way of spectacular Stakes Quality Horseflesh.

think i'll do a couple exactas and a trifecta.i'm looking forward to it!

are you going to the track or betting online?

Mike, I'm either going to the OTB or hopefully, my ladyfriend who always bets this race will book it for me. We talked today and I think she's going to do some early bird betting online. Waiting for an e-mail from her.

I like watching it on TV with a cheap brewski (no mint juleps) and some side bets with my sons.

Truecritic,

True about Secretariat and that's because anyone with a broodmare forked over the money for Secretariat's "seed" thinking it would make a miracle in the bloodline. On any given day you can find many mediocre horses racing who have Secretariat in their bloodline.

It's all breeding...if you breed a racehorse with a pig you're likely to come up with a pig.

But his son, Seattle Slew, whose son was A.P. Indy, proved that his progeny can be champions and this is a viable bloodline.
MADDOG10's avatar - smoke

Kentucky derby:

1. Barbaro  2. A.P. Warrior  3.Brother Derek.

angelm's avatar - anne

Private Vow-Seaside Retreat

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure

WTG! MADDOG10

Barbaro by 7

WTG! MADDOG10

Barbaro by 7

thanks truecritic.....        What a race..!

teacake58's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg

yippy i won on barbaro and steppenwolfer

Maddog,

Good call!!! He ran a great race didn't he? Didn't look like he even broke a sweat.

Thumbs Up

Maddog,

Good call!!! He ran a great race didn't he? Didn't look like he even broke a sweat.

Thumbs Up

Thanks Rick.... He did run a great race, and from what I saw he was'nt even tired at the end..On to the Preakness..!

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Mon, Oct 18, 2021, 2:30 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?