You just won the jackpot...

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

So what do you do as far as LP goes? I am still not sure if I could maintain composure or not, but I would most likely wait until the loot is intact, then celebrate the win.

Me too. Get it in hand first, then get caught up......

I'll have to tell my buds here at LP that I won !

( That is, AFTER I get back from a little sabbatical to Vegas)

DD

with my luck...if i did win, i'd slip into a coma from shock and not wake up until the six month time period to claim is over

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg

Not quite as extreme as dearlord said, hopefully anyway, but it would probably be something like this:

Hey everyone on LP, you know those threads about would you hold a press conference or tell anyone if you won? Well I tried my darndest not to, and still, at that it was kind of a nightmare....yada yada yada. 

In other words, the less people that you let know you won, the better off you will be.  

I would post a .jpg of the winning ticket (I did that for a winning Pick 5 a while back) AFTER I had validated and claimed it, along with the receipt that says "FILE CLAIM" and the prize amount. I would also put up a picture of the store where I got it from and the details of what system/algorithm I used, if any, and that it would now be available to the public since I'd quit playing after that anyway. Then I would call up Chase Bank and tell them how I feel about their horrible customer service and PNC Bank and tell them I will NOT be depositing with them either! Then I would let my friends know (those who were there for me when I was poor) what specific things I would do for them, and I'd help my Church get their steeple up finally.

If the store I bought it from had really good bacon biscuits I would offer the biscuit lady a hefty sum to purchase the recipe so I could share it. 

My thing on here would be to help people develop and use winning systems. I just want to WIN BIG first!

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg

When I win the Powerball on wednesday I will post the results in my blog.-weshar75

I might provide a few hints however here and there.

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg

I'd let Todd know so he could add it to his "tally."  But I don't think I'd want others to know, as I've said things which are fine for people to know under a username, but I'm not sure I'd want everybody and his brother to be able to know it was me who said that.  Especially my relatives.  LOL

When I win using my system, the urge not to say anything would just be too great. I could then make millions more selling "my winning system." LOL

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor

When I win using my system, the urge not to say anything would just be too great. I could then make millions more selling "my winning system." LOL

That's also been my plan.... all along!

Party

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

I voted, "I'm paralyzed with fear..."   Hopefully not.

Another poll option I forgot: "Stare at the ticket for days on end in disbelief."

Kind of goes hand in hand with the paralyzed with fear though. Hopefully no one has a heart attack, and the ticket expires in 180 days.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna

I didn't post at first, because I honestly have no idea what I would do.  With all the horror stories about people claiming ownership and filing bogus lawsuits, I'd be paranoid about posting my winning ticket.  I think it would be nice to mention Todd and his web site during the press conference however. I guess if it were a quickpick nobody could say "hey, I posted those numbers back in Oct!"  You never know how people are going to react when somebody wins millions of dollars, even your family and your best friends. So maybe my answer would be that after a few months pass, I move and get settled, I'd tell everyone.  That being said, I'd want to remain anonymous and there's nothing really anonymous about the internet, even if we think it is.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg

I didn't post at first, because I honestly have no idea what I would do.  With all the horror stories about people claiming ownership and filing bogus lawsuits, I'd be paranoid about posting my winning ticket.  I think it would be nice to mention Todd and his web site during the press conference however. I guess if it were a quickpick nobody could say "hey, I posted those numbers back in Oct!"  You never know how people are going to react when somebody wins millions of dollars, even your family and your best friends. So maybe my answer would be that after a few months pass, I move and get settled, I'd tell everyone.  That being said, I'd want to remain anonymous and there's nothing really anonymous about the internet, even if we think it is.

Yes!  That would be the best thing ever, and you could take special glee in ticking off the lottery director in your state -- by mentioning me and Lottery Post in your news conference.  Also, be sure to mention that you found out that you won when you checked the drawing results on Lottery Post.

Tee-hee, that would be too fun, seeing them turn red!

I would say I would mention LP for a free platinum membership, and a ton of royalties for all the thousands of members who would then join, but I would aready be rich enough as it is, and too busy to be on forums. Don't want to get too greedy. I am sure it would be hundreds of thousands if I attributed LP to helping me win. But I am not sure if it is a good idea to relay to the public that I won via a "system" as it would simply make me more of a target, and much more sought after.

I may even lie and say I grabbed a QP on the way home from getting a loaf of bread, and milk. Well it wouldn't really be a lie, I would just be concealing the fact that I have been using systems mostly. But as far as ego goes it would be extremely tough not to brag that you won via a system, especially your own. I would have to almost certainly come on here and rub it in "Downer's" face, being he claimed no one here will EVER win a jackpot. I love motivation such as that... 

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Mon, Oct 25, 2021, 8:32 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?