Powerball Sets A New Record

Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

The Powerball lottery set a new 10 roll record of $103 million for the Jan 21 draw. The previous record was $101.8 million. The previous record was set under the old matrix.

The Mega Millions 10 roll record is $128 million.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

I don't keep meticulous records for Powerball and I always look forward to your comprehensive posts on record setting jackpots.

I have an excellent file on Megamillions for myself. 

In the Megamillions case, we are only two million off the record setting pace of the run that produced the $128M record 10 roll jackpot and ultimately went over 300M.    So if this run makes it into that region, maybe we'll be hearing your reports again.

At $40M in MM we are 3 million off the all time record for this number of draws (5 draws, 4 rollovers) on a run, which was set in the next run that ended at $88M. 

Well, seeing that Powerball inflates the jackpot at an obscene rate, I'm not really that impressed. The cash value is what really matters.

Even with its inflated annuity, Powerball still took longer than hell to get a new 10 roll record.

Jake649, the roll 11 record stands at 116.1 million on the draw before the current matrix.

The Powerball lottery set a new 11 roll record of $117.6 million for the Jan 25 draw. The previous record was $116.1 million. The previous record was set under the old matrix.

The Mega Millions 11 roll record is $147 million.

The Powerball lottery set a new 12 roll record of $137.6 million for the Jan 28 draw. The previous record was $135 million. The previous record was set under the old matrix.

The Mega Millions 12 roll record is $165 million.

Actually, according to /powerballsales.htm , Powerball's 12 roll record is $140 million, set on August 30, 2003.

My records show that the jackpot value on August 30, 2003, was $135 million. My records are based upon the actual jackpot amount as announced after the draw. Possibly the lottoreport stats are based upon the projected jackpot amount made prior to the draw.

Jake649, here are the records under the old matrix. Check to see if it's correct:

Roll #13: 151.7 million

Roll #14: 177.1 million

Roll #15: 221.5 million

Roll #16: 314.9 million

My records show that the jackpot value on August 30, 2003, was $135 million. My records are based upon the actual jackpot amount as announced after the draw. Possibly the lottoreport stats are based upon the projected jackpot amount made prior to the draw.

I don't think lottoreport updates the annuity value as announced by the lottery before the drawing. 

It is possible to calculate the cash value from their very accurate sales figures however.

Remember though that not the whole 30.28855% of sales goes into the jackpot. They can deduct up to 2% of sales to fund the set prize reserve according to their rules.

The Powerball lottery set a new 13 roll record of $157.4 million for the Feb 1 draw. The previous record was $151.7 million. The previous record was set under the old matrix.

The Mega Millions 13 roll record is $192 million.

Jake649, since the advertised estimated jackpot is 180 million, there's a chance that PB will break the old record of 177.2 million. However, if it rolls, I don't expect to see any new records.

Yeah, $200+ million jackpots don't sell as many tickets as they used to, since the odds are stacked so high everyone expects the jackpots to get that big.

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Wed, Oct 27, 2021, 11:49 pm

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?