I won the lottery now what?

No i didnt win, but you know I am going to, probably tonight or saturday... the powerball one ya know......

Im sure this topic has been talked about a million times but i cant find seemed to find it and Im curious. I have heard , and correct me if im wrong, but you can collect your winning thru a trust fund anon.

Im in Kentucky... what would i do if i won and wanted to stay anon, if possible, Who do a call a lawyer? What kind of a lawyer deals with lotteries? Now i read that you make a few copies, front and back of the winning ticket and place the original in a safty deposit box at the bank. Take a the lawyer the copies and tell him you want a trust fund....... am i right so far? Then when the trust fund is ready you can collect the winnings thru it...... but how do yu trust the lawyer wont take the ticket and run.......... i heard that if you sign the back of the ticket with your name and try nd collect it in a trust fund it wont work.

Humor me.... what do you do?

The following threads will provide some useful information:

"Planning On Winning A Jackpot?" https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/122659

"Lottery horror stories" https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/121205

I have read those articals before, they are good.... but i still have never found a definate answer to the anon question... can you get it in a trust fund?

four4me's avatar - gate1

did you call them and ask them.

REGIONAL OFFICES
BOWLING GREEN
(270) 843-0419

LEXINGTON
(859) 299-0684

JEFFERSON (LOUISVILLE)
(502) 969-7883 MADISONVILLE
(270) 825-0205

PRESTONSBURG
(606) 886-9883

You asked:

"What kind of a lawyer deals with lotteries?"

Your best bet would be to contact Kentucky's state bar association - www.kybar.org/ - and ask them. I would guess it would be a tax attorney, but I'm not a legal professional. Perhaps they could also answer your question on remaining anonymous via a trust fund.

Just once.  Will somebody, who actually won, post one of these threads?

Never, because nobody on the LP ever wins the Powerball or Mega Millions jackpot.

Never, because nobody on the LP ever wins the Powerball or Mega Millions jackpot.

We just simply haven't won YET !!!

Please remember, when one of us does win, give a shout out to our LP members at the Press Conference. 

Dance

LP members spend too much time thinking how to win.  We need to stop and buy more random milk and buy random tickets.  That seems to be the pattern - oh, and lower the over all IQ.

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Fri, Oct 23, 2020, 10:31 pm

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?