No textNo textNo text

Testing new faster performance code

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

Please let me know if you're seeing pages that include the editor loading quicker.

I have implemented new code which vastly compresses the code that gets downloaded to your browser, and packs all the editor code into one file.

It is what I would consider a "beta test", so it's possible that it will not work properly.  If that's the case, please send me an e-mail (use the Contact Us page to send it to me).

Otherwise I would appreciate some feedback if you notice any difference.

Thanks!

takeitez's avatar - japheth
takeitez

May be just me, but I opened 10 or 12 pages and they all seemed faster to me than they did this morning early!

ez

Todd

May be just me, but I opened 10 or 12 pages and they all seemed faster to me than they did this morning early!

ez

That's the idea.  The performance improvements should be dramatic for dial-up users.  However, I personally even notice a big improvement on a broadband connection.

four4me's avatar - gate1
four4me

warp speed a zillionnnnnnnnnnnnnn love it.

i'll let you know when i use the dial up connection after lunch..

C.A.'s avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
C.A.

Todd, It's much  much faster !

Lucky's avatar - hiro horse.jpg
Lucky

Todd - Much faster then this morning...Nice!!

JAG331

Yes. much faster!

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
BaristaExpress

Fantastic Todd, seems to be much faster! Thank you!

Maryland

Nice to see my broadband work.  It's great Todd

Todd

Excellent, glad to see there was some benefit!

MrBobb

Everything loads much faster for me. Thanks, Todd!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
sirbrad

Yes it is better than before. But the log in page, and post edit still took a very long time to come up. It is absolute torture to browse here on dial up, so anything helps.

Todd

Yes it is better than before. But the log in page, and post edit still took a very long time to come up. It is absolute torture to browse here on dial up, so anything helps.

Well, I only know these things when people tell me.  If you're having trouble with a page, send me a note, because if nobody tells me, I don't know there's a problem.  On the other hand, when people do tell me, I tend to fix things quickly.

Try the login page again, and tell me if it's still "absolute torture".  (I changed the Flash graphic, which was probably causing your delay.)

four4me's avatar - gate1
four4me

As a former dial up user I sympathize with you. I have went cable and I can say that once you go cable on a regular basis you'll never go back!

MrBobb

Could it be your ISP? Browsing Lottery Post via my dial up connection wasn't all that bad before the performance code update. There were some days it was a little slower, but I suspect that traffic on my ISP (BellSouth.net) was high at the time, because others sites were loading slower than normal, too.

Sometimes the log in page would load a little slow, but most times it would pop up rather quickly. Perhaps that is due to several people trying to access the log in page at the same time?

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?