No textNo textNo text

Automatic feed data feature to Deflate?

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
WIN D

The Inspector 3 and Inspector 4 systems provides a means to inspect a list of Pick 3 or Pick 4 lottery numbers and to tabulate the numbers according to a variety of classifications.  This allows you to see if the numbers are biased in any way.  Like the Deflate systems, Inspector 3 and Inspector 4 can be automatically activated and fed datafrom the Results and Predictions pages.

Taking the Results of all states on one Page and feed data to Inspector 3  ?

How?

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
Rick G

Good question....it would be a great addition if it's not already capable to do that and if so, how?

Rick G

Good question....it would be a great addition if it's not already capable to do that and if so, how?

PS...sorry for the double post...don't know how that happened.

four4me's avatar - gate1
four4me

Copy and paste the numbers you wish to use to note pad. Then copy/paste them in the inspector. This allows you to filter who's numbers you want to select be it the whole lot or individual prediction posters. or even your own special picks.

This may not be the answer your looking for but using my idea about it has worked for me.

Rick G

4-4me,

I've tried that (copy/paste to notepad) from different sources (other than the prediction pages) but there's always spaces, dashes or other marks between the numbers that aren't accepted by inflate/deflate, so I eventually gave up trying.  I would like to see Todd's quick picks compatible from copy/paste to inspect/deflate but there are marks in them also that prevent this, unless that has changed.

I'm not computer-literate or patient enough to pursue it.

four4me's avatar - gate1
four4me

Ah that happened to me remove any commas or spaces line up all the numbers in note pad with just one space I know i'st a pain but that works the best just like posting on the prediction pages you have to line up the numbers.

But when using the deflates feature they can be horizontal or vertical. Just omit any commas, dashes or double spaces.

Rick G

4-4me,

That's why I gave up on it...too much of a pain when you're dealing with a large quantity of numbers.

four4me's avatar - gate1
four4me

Rick do you have excel someone said you can paste the numbers there and edit the commas out with one click. Then put them in deflate. I haven't figured out how to do it. possibly one of the learned folks will jump in here and splain it. Maybe Todd will see this post and offer some advice. If there's a will there's a way. Sometimes the simplest solutions to a problem tend to be the hardest to figure out. For me that is.

Rick G

4-4me,

Good suggestion.  I don't use excel, but an inferior spreadsheet (StarOffice) that is easier to use but I can't even figure that one out too well so I'll do the KISS routine...Keep It Simple, Stupid....lol

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
lottaloot

This works for me. 

I take all the pick3 results & paste them onto Word--Then either Copy & paste those results into the deflater & get rid of the duplicate numbers or get rid of duplicates within Word then place into the inspector. 

Quick, easy & pain freeBig Smile

four4me's avatar - gate1
four4me

Lottaloot that's what Rick and I are saying we'd like to do. .... but lots of numbers from different sources with commas and dashes have to be edited out or it won't accept it in the deflate feature. We need a quick way to compile a list of numbers without any commas dashes or multiple spaces. I don't mind sitting behind the PC and editing them but I only do small samples of less than a hundred numbers. Or I take them directly from the prediction pages.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

Lottaloot that's what Rick and I are saying we'd like to do. .... but lots of numbers from different sources with commas and dashes have to be edited out or it won't accept it in the deflate feature. We need a quick way to compile a list of numbers without any commas dashes or multiple spaces. I don't mind sitting behind the PC and editing them but I only do small samples of less than a hundred numbers. Or I take them directly from the prediction pages.

Just paste the block of numbers into Notepad (comes with Windows, in the All Programs/Accessories folder).  There is a Search & Replace feature that can instantly get rid of whatever you want.

Want to get rid of all dashes in your text?  Choose Replace... in the Edit menu, enter a dash character ("-") in the Find What box, and leave the Replace With box empty (don't enter anything into it).  Then click the Replace All button, and all the dashes are instantly gone.

You can do that same procedure with any characters or phrases.  For more advance search and replace, or to alter the numbers in some way, it is better to use Excel.  But for simple text replacement, nothing beats Notepad.

The suggestion of putting All States results into Deflate or Inspector is interesting, but this is the first time I've heard it.  Is this something that people do often?  Most of the studies of usage I've done indicate that people normally like to Deflate or Inspect one state's numbers, rather than all of the states together.  If there's a big demand for doing all states at once I will certain look into writing a feature for automating it, but if it's an infrequent thing, I would say cut and paste is probably best.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg
bellyache

Todd do you mean WordPad? Because my Notepad doesn't offer the Replace feature, but WordPad does.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

You can use wordpad, but my version of notepad DOES offer it.  Do you use WinXP?

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg
bellyache

No, I use WinME. Didn't mean to apply you couldn't use notepad. I just thought that all the version were the same. My bad. =)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?