No textNo textNo text

Powerball Coronation Ceremony

JAG331

Jack Whitaker's reign is now officially over! 

Where will the NewMr./Ms. Powerball ceremony be held?

Will Jack be wearing a tiara? 

Inquiring minds want to know....

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

LOL Good one!

Chewie

I think Jacks reign has been over for a long time. Since he lost his grand daughter he has been real quiet. Or - he could be in jail drying out, and we will hear from him again. I would hope one child was the wake up call. Hopefully he'll straighten out and will fly right now.

KYPower418's avatar - nicebear
KYPower418

Hopefully the new winner won't be a case like Jack was! I think winning the lottery was fixed for him so that he could be in the spotlight LOL

KYPower418's avatar - nicebear
KYPower418

Speaking of good ol' Jack, the local news had a little piece on the Powerball and was talking about the jackpot. The story was on how it was better to not win Powerball at all because of what problems could arise-the first example they used? Well, no other than JW. They first had a video of him claiming the prize with family and audience around (couldn't believe the # of folks with big hair-but wasn't it only 2002 LOL) then a more recent pic of him, unshaven and confused-looking. The reporter said he had been charged with drunken driving,sexual assault, was robbed and lost his granddaughter, all after winning the Powerball. Guess it comes to show money don't bring happiness sometimes

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball
dvdiva

Since they won less cash it wouldn't really be over. Maybe on the next MM run. Plus Oregon has a 9% non-deductable state income tax.

CASH Only

Jack Whittaker is still king. Especially if the PB winner(s) don't choose cash.

Todd

Jack Whittaker is still king. Especially if the PB winner(s) don't choose cash.

I wish I could break my own rules and post a curse here.  There's a type of "king" that he is, and it sounds similar to "king of the dipsticks" (using a different "s" word).  LOL

CASH Only

todd:

I know Jack is not the best role model for jackpot winners. But he did set the record for the largest US lottery win.

Todd

todd:

I know Jack is not the best role model for jackpot winners. But he did set the record for the largest US lottery win.

No he didn't.  He's now in second place for single largest non-split jackpot.  His win was $314.9 million.  The latest winner won $340 million.

And if you're going to try and compare cash values, are you going to sit there and tell me that the Jack Whittaker jackpot was not $314.9 million?  If so, then please argue your case to Powerball, because $314.9 is the official number, and it is the sole figure used for record purposes.  If you want to compare cash values, then you are free to do so, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with the record.

Todd

By the way, just for the record, the Jack Whittaker jackpot is now considered the third-largest in North American lottery history.  The records are:

1. $363 million: The Big Game, May, 2000
  2. $340 million: Powerball, October, 2004
  3. $314.9 million: Powerball, December, 2002
Chewie

The only record I want to break is mine. I've never won a million dollars. That would be a great record to break. However, having said that, should I win multi-millions, I am keeping it all for myself.

Rip Snorter

Speaking of good ol' Jack, the local news had a little piece on the Powerball and was talking about the jackpot. The story was on how it was better to not win Powerball at all because of what problems could arise-the first example they used? Well, no other than JW. They first had a video of him claiming the prize with family and audience around (couldn't believe the # of folks with big hair-but wasn't it only 2002 LOL) then a more recent pic of him, unshaven and confused-looking. The reporter said he had been charged with drunken driving,sexual assault, was robbed and lost his granddaughter, all after winning the Powerball. Guess it comes to show money don't bring happiness sometimes

Seems old Jack W's woes brought happiness to lots of people, just not him.  There's been a lot of gloating by LP members about JW's troubles from the first time I ever visited the site until now.  Evidently the same's true out in the real world.

For some reason there's a body of humanity that could never bring itself to wish the man well, wallowed in whatever misfortunes got into his life, and continue to do so.

Maybe the local news is right.  Being a flawed, but not exeptionally flawed major jackpot winner (which probably describes all of us, minus the jackpot) just gives the kine too much to low about.  A second tier prize or smaller jackpot wouldn't get you into the window of the microscopes so long and savoringly.

Jack

NoCompLotto!

I know it was published before Wednesday, but The Guiness Book of World Records 2006 lists Jack as the largest single lottery winner ever at $314.9 Million. It even has a picture of him in there.

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?