No textNo textNo text

tickets

bxs122

Hello ... I am new to these forums and happy to have found them.

My question is to do with purchasing lottery tickets -- is there an online site where I can purchase lottery tickets in my state? I can't always get out of the house but unless the cable is out I can get online.

Thanx.

MrBobb

Welcome to Lottery Post! You didn't say what state you live in, but for most states, the answer is no. Most require that you purchase your tickets from a lottery retailer.

I would suggest that you visit your state's lottery web site and see what their policy is.

For jackpot games, such as Power Ball and Mega Millions, you can use Prime Ticket Service.

bxs122

Welcome to Lottery Post! You didn't say what state you live in, but for most states, the answer is no. Most require that you purchase your tickets from a lottery retailer.

I would suggest that you visit your state's lottery web site and see what their policy is.

For jackpot games, such as Power Ball and Mega Millions, you can use Prime Ticket Service.

Thanx. What is a prime ticket service??

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

Prime Ticket Service is a ticket service normally used by people who don't have access to a particular game in their area.

They have employees that buy tickets on your behalf, and hold onto them for you in the state they were purchased, because there are laws forbidding the transport of tickets.

If you're new to the concept, there are several topics previously posted about that on Lottery Post, so you should do some homework using the Search feature here, and also read through all the materials on their web site.

Be careful though.  Most of the web sites out there offering that type of service are scamming people, and it was only through months of research that I was able to validate that PTS is completely above-board, and is a quality company to do business with.  I recommend them (and allowed their ads here) for that reason:  I want to do what I can to see that people do not get scammed.

You can access their website using the links in the green area at the left.

bxs122

Great, thanx. If they have employees holding onto tickets in other states then how do they guarantee that the employee does not claim the ticket as their own?

I found the site -- other than the lotteries listed do they service other states??

Again thank you for the information.

Todd

Great, thanx. If they have employees holding onto tickets in other states then how do they guarantee that the employee does not claim the ticket as their own?

I found the site -- other than the lotteries listed do they service other states??

Again thank you for the information.

That's naturally everyone's biggest worry, and one of the things that I posed some very heavy questioning on.  According to them, the people who buy the tickets are under a legal contract, which is all worked out in advance.

The good thing about a government lottery is that everything is done very publicly, so there's no way someone can clandestinely claim a jackpot before the rightful owner has a chance to intervene.

You can look at it like a lottery pool:  if your lottery pool has a written agreement, every court in the country will honor it.  If there's no written agreement, you may be in trouble, and the one holding the tickets may be able to claim them.  However, even in cases where there was no written agreement, some courts have STILL upheld the rights of the group.

They have such a written agreements, as you do when you make your purchase (through their legal language on their web site, and through the confirmation e-mail you get).  So you're covered, and you would indeed get your prize if you won.

Todd

To answer your other question, I don't believe they offer anything other than what's on their site, but that's a question better asked of them.  (Use their contact page.)

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?