No textNo textNo text

Is Match 5 Bonus Prize a BIG MISTAKE ??

GuessWhat!

I think the purpose  of the Bonus Prize is to generate sales by touting the LOWER odds of 5 of 5  (1:3,563,609).   I doubt it has that effect.  I would rather see that bonus money added to the top prize since that is the ultimate goal of any player and the proof is in the volume of sales increasing with each rollover.  Without a Bonus Prize; Wednesday's jackpotpot would probably be $385m or higher and the NEXT rollover (please!) be $500m.

The only Bonus Prize hype I see is on the PowerBall site.  I have NOT heard any mention of it on CNN or in any other media soundbite.

Annuities are for Lovers...Lumps are for LOSERS !!!

TheGameGrl's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
TheGameGrl

Lets get clear on the simple purpose of any lottery- its to generate funds.

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that lotteries deserve the right to promote just as well as any marketing business. Its called Free Enterprise for a reason here in the USA.

It is better to feed a few then to feed just one- so I stick with the idea setforth on the *share the winnings* bonus Match 5 idea. I'd be glad to share 15 million with 6 or 7 other ticket holders! And this might break your heart but they actually payout the funds in cash and not annuity for the 5pick bonus.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
BaristaExpress

I Agree! 

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
sirbrad

I don't mind it, and yes I did hear about it on the news here. How much is the bonus so far?

ryanm

The bonus is $15 million.  I've heard they statistically expect 30 match 5+0 winners, so they should expect to pay an extra $500,000 per ticket if the jackpot is hit.

Man, would I be po'ed if I got a match 5+0 ticket this Wednesday and the jackpot was NOT hit!!

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball
dvdiva

I've been complaining about the cap for years, join the club. This is just the first time it's been implemented.

GuessWhat!

So vote NO !!!

GuessWhat!

I mean YES !!!

O the Stress...you are confusing me with your Smoldering diva GLOW !!!

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball
dvdiva

No, I'm not a fan of caps. It's a sad and weird emphasis on the secondary prize. They aren't getting record sales due to the big secondary prize. I look forward to MM getting big if it ever does. Then sales will be pushing the pot even higher instead of some weird second place pot.

JAG331

A few days ago I was against the cap.

Now I just don't care, so I voted no.  It's still a lot of money, and the cap in the future will never be below $365m.

sirbrad

Is it still 15 million if no one wins the jackpot?

JAG331

No, that's the nasty caveat.  The Match 5 Bonus keeps rolling with the record jackpot.  So if no one wins the jackpot tonight, the $15 million will roll into $40-$50 million for Saturday's draw.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

If nobody wins tonight, Saturday's jackpot will be $365 million, and the bonus pool will continue to receive all the excess money that would normally go to the jackpot.  Also, if nobody wins tonight, all second-place winners tonight will get the normal $200,000 payout.  They only pay the bonus pool to second-place winners in a drawing in which someone wins the jackpot.  It continues to build until that point.

sirbrad

Ah I see. That is bad, but is cool at the same time. Knowing my luck I would hit 5 tonight, and no jackpot winner. LOL Umm knock on wood. Nice see some lower tier prizes stepping up for a change though, even if it is temporarily.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

My prediction is one or two winners tonight ... we'll see.

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?