No textNo textNo text

Cashier giving me Cash Option

Annual Payments's avatar - annual 20payments.jpg
Annual Payments

I don't understand.  Whenever I buy a ticket in TX, I have to specify that I want it in Annual Payments.  Why can't I just say "I want a Lotto and a Mega Millions?".  They'll automatically do cash.  I hate when I tell them Annual Payments and I see them pressing cash option.  I still wanna keep the ticket because half is better than all.  I just don't want to be in a situation when I told the cashier annual payments and they pressed cash, and I win the jackpot, and can't get my annual payments.  What would the lottery officials do if I'm ever in that situation?  Just wondering if anyone knows =)

-Annual Payments

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
truecritic

I think that is the very reason to check all tickets while you are still at the register.  Can't you give them back in TX and tell them there is an error?  Don't understand why you would keep them if you specified annuity.

Do you have bet slips?  Fill them out and check off annuity.  No errors that way.

Also you might want to check here for other benefits of cash vs annuity.

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/121188

JAG331

Tell them "Annuity"  maybe they don't understand the phrase "Annual Payments"

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
Tnplayer805

I don't know how it is in TX but in GA it doesn't matter you can still change if you win.  (You do have a time frame to decide)

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif
emilyg

I don't understand.  Whenever I buy a ticket in TX, I have to specify that I want it in Annual Payments.  Why can't I just say "I want a Lotto and a Mega Millions?".  They'll automatically do cash.  I hate when I tell them Annual Payments and I see them pressing cash option.  I still wanna keep the ticket because half is better than all.  I just don't want to be in a situation when I told the cashier annual payments and they pressed cash, and I win the jackpot, and can't get my annual payments.  What would the lottery officials do if I'm ever in that situation?  Just wondering if anyone knows =)

-Annual Payments

fill out the playslip yourself - and mark what you want

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg
bellyache

But you can't choose annual or cash on a powerball playslip.

Chewie

Powerball, in PA (don't know about other PB states) you don't choose up front. You have 30-days after the win to decide; course ou can't get any money until you decide either. In NY/NJ for MM, you have to choose up front. For the average Mexican immigrant, that can be a confusing option.

JAG331

This applies to Mega Millions playslips in TX and NY where you must fill in Cash or Annuity upfront.

bellyache

This applies to Mega Millions playslips in TX and NY where you must fill in Cash or Annuity upfront.

Oh, I didn't know that. I've never seen a Mega Millions playslip. They don't have MM's here. =)

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball
dvdiva

Take it as a sign that annuities are bad Razz

Annual Payments's avatar - annual 20payments.jpg
Annual Payments

*BUMP*

Took me forever to respond.  I say "annual payments" when i tell them i want a mega millions and lotto.  I just hate when they press cash anyway.  I dont' want to give the ticket back cause what if it's the winning ticket? 

Chewie

You can "give it back" in NJ; until you leave the register.  I check my numbers before I leave. 

NoCompLotto!

Give it back to the clerk and say the ticket is an error. They are required by law to take it back, so long as you haven't left the counter. Then make sure you get annuity on the next ticket. Odds are the first ticket wasn't the big one, anyway.

bellyache

Give it back to the clerk and say the ticket is an error. They are required by law to take it back, so long as you haven't left the counter. Then make sure you get annuity on the next ticket. Odds are the first ticket wasn't the big one, anyway.

You never know. It could be the big won or it could be a small prize. =) Some people have won money on others mistake tickets.

castles

Tennessee's only Powerball jackpot winner was a retailer who purchased a $100 ticket that a customer refused to take after realizing what all of those options cost (10 draws, 5 plays, with PP).

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?