No textNo textNo text

MM in California is a Joke

Down's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
Down

why did MM come to california? i don't understand, i think california should drop MM because california is not really a part of the MM family, california to MM is kinda like the long lost relative you never new you had, for one all the ticket sales for california are seperate and the prize amouts are differant california lottery rules are lame stupid pari-mutuel, they should change the prize amouts and make it like all the other states or just drop it. i don't know, what do you guys think, i don't think it will last that long

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
RJOh

As long as California continue to contribute their fair share to the jackpot, who cares how they divide up the spoils?

Chewie

I'm confused. You don't like Mega Million in California. Does your post have a purpose? Is it supposed to stimulate discussion?

BTW- becareful how you use the word "stupid," amoung adults, it is referred to as a "stopper." It immediately attracts the wrong attention.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
BaristaExpress

Down, I think you need to get something straight (right off the bat). MM didn't ask California to join! California asked MM if they could join MM! Second It's "knew" Third It's "Different" And last but not least, The California Constitution doesn't allow anything but the pari-mutuel payouts as the jackpot grows! Yes if there are many winners for the 5 wb's matched and no powerball, yes they all split the prize, but thats just how the cookie crumbles! Play MM if you like the game and if you don't, I think you know what to do! Save Your Money And Don't Play!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

BS

ryanm

I wouldn't call CA's pari-mutuel MM prize payout a joke.  It can go both ways - remember when someone won $1.8 million from matching the five white balls without the mega ball.  I'll bet he wasn't calling CA MM a joke!!!

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
BaristaExpress

I Agree!

Todd

Just to clarify: my indication of BS is directed at the original message, not the responses.

tatsu15

I don't understand what  pari-mutuel means. How does this affect a MM winner in California? Does this mean if he/she won, that person will not receive the full amount after taxes?

Todd

Most questions, including the pari-mutuel question, are answered on the USA Mega Mega Millions FAQ page.

Todd

California 4+1 winners got more money than winners in other states last night.  California Mega Millions is really cool, and adds a whole new dimension to the game.

CASH Only

I'm glad I had the opportunity to play Mega Millions IN California, even though I lost $1. I did win $6 on a Texas Megaplier ticket for the same drawing (10/14).

Deadsantaclaus

As long as California continue to contribute their fair share to the jackpot, who cares how they divide up the spoils?

Bravo! I must say I Agree!.

Please Down, keep buying those tickets! Don't give up yet! A $300 Million annuity value for thanksgiving or earlier would be most appreciated!

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg
bellyache

I would love to be able to play MM along with PB.

dfms's avatar - chipmunk
dfms

I sure hope ca stays  with the mm. I just finished writing a mm 56/46 lotto program.

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?