Does God Hate Gambling...Part 2

Here is something I found on a website. I can't believe this girl's mother did this? What would you do if your mother of someone (religious) did this to you??

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:FXtqXAQUOgMJ:www.stfrancisa2.d2g.com/info/feb_02.pdf+%22won+%2434++million%22+lottery&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Quote:Originally posted by ThinkBig on July 06, 2004

Here is something I found on a website. I can't believe this girl's mother did this? What would you do if your mother of someone (religious) did this to you??

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:FXtqXAQUOgMJ:www.stfrancisa2.d2g.com/info/feb_02.pdf+%22won+%2434++million%22+lottery&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

"You will also meet Lisa, a CYM from FlintsHoly Rosary, who won $34 million in the Michigan lottery. Only her mother burnt the ticket. Find out how Lisa won more than she bargained for after the biggest loss of her life."

Well if it's still possible to collect, (even bringing the ashes to the lottery to be restored like the government restores burnt money) mom gets an all expense paid room at the looney bin.  Either way Lisa should move out, that woman is crazy, not safe to be around.  BobP

Mana's avatar - mana
Quote:Originally posted by ThinkBig on July 06, 2004

Though I myself am religious, I would sue for all their worth. -.- Especially if it's just someone else. If they're really that fanatic, they'll admit to it. If they lie... well... sheesh .. they're two-faced.
dphillips's avatar - littleuns

Some people are just religious fanatics, period!  Everyone who acts or pretends to be a follower of The Christ, isn't.  I'd rather see a sermon than to hear one preached.  In other words, live your life as close as possible to The Christ, keep your mouth shut, and perhaps respect will come your way.

Finally, if possible, she should sue her mother because she had no legal right to do what she did.

I couldn't find the story on the webiste related to this link:  http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:FXtqXAQUOgMJ:www.stfrancisa2.d2g.com/info/feb_02.pdf+%22won+%2434++million%22+lottery&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

I'm sorry. I tried to copy and paste the story last night but my puter got stuck, but I was able to copy and paste the URL. Anyway, thanks to BOBP for helping out with the copy/paste. Here is the story below...it is an excerpt from what was on the website.

"You will also meet Lisa, a CYM from FlintsHoly Rosary, who won $34 million in the Michigan lottery. Only her mother burnt the ticket. Find out how Lisa won more than she bargained for after the biggest loss of her life."

What would you do if some religious person did this to you or if anyone did this to you?

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
Quote:Originally posted by dphillips on July 06, 2004

Everyone who acts or pretends to be a follower of The Christ, isn't. 

everyone ????

wow, that would make it impossible for anyone ......considering "perfection" is the requirement. (jk)

but wait,  since no one IS perfect .....and the only one who is (Christ) died for the rest of us who aren't,  i guess that would give everyone back an equal "chance" at it.

you had me going there for a minute (jk x2)

never judge who Jesus Christ was by "others" because you will always come up short.  judge him to either be who he claimed to be based on what he said or did, and then adjust your life accordingly (or not)...

vision

vision

ThinkBig, thanks for putting this Topic in the right Discussion Forum ;)

People who want to follow and believe in GOD have to actually mean it.
And that lady must be a demented moronic fool ! To do that.

and I forgot to mention I'm a christian and I go to church every sunday. I also give atleast $5 in the offering. I also pray every other day I get the chance and read the bible along with comic books.

konane's avatar - wallace
Must be a bitter controlling old heartless shrew to have taken such an action against her child. 

Also it goes to show that just because someone is a mother it doesn't automatically mean that they have their offspring's best interest at heart (what heart???).

The mother's actions were clearly an act of dictatorial control in not allowing Lisa to live her life by the circumstances she just created.  Theft in its ugliest, most egregious form!!! Honor ones father and mother ..... the door swings both directions to having respect for one's child and the direction they have chosen for their life.

I'd personally disavow that she was my mother, move as far away as possible, never communicating with her again.

Seems the lesson shows us all to keep to our own council when we win something until money is in hand in whatever accounts we choose to set up.  Next .. to not be bowled over by our "long lost relatives and newfound best friends."
dphillips's avatar - littleuns

Well said -- and all the church said, "Amen!"

dphillips (Blue)

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Fri, May 27, 2022, 8:05 pm

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?