Some call him---------

God, yehweh, light, Allah, but whatever he speaks to me.

Whatever you call the creator; thats who Master is? He is master of my life. I seek direction from Master for all things; and he always guide correctly.

Thomas Covenant's avatar - money

ANANASI,ANYIEWO,BUKU,DAN AYIDO ANANASI,ANYIEWO,BUKU,DAN ANANASI,ANYIEWO,BUKU,DAN AYIDO ANANASI, ANYIEWO, BUKU,DAN AYIDO HWEDO, DXUI, ESHU, GUNAB, GUA, KIBUKA, LEZA MAWU-LISA, MULUNGU, NANAN-BOUCLOU, 'NGAI, NYASAYE, NZAME, SAGBATA, TANO, TSUI' GOAB, UNKULUNKULU, ANGUTA, ANINGAN, ASGAYA GIGAGEI, ATIRA, AWONAWILONA, DEOHAKO, ESTANATLEHI, GAHE, GLUSKAP, HINO, IRDLIRVIRISISSONG, KANATI, KITCKI MANITOU, MICHABO, NAGENATZANI, NESARU, NOKOMIS, OCASTA, OLELBIS, SEDNA, ANGERONA, ATTIS, BELLONA, CYBELE, FAUNA, FEBRUUS, FIDES, ANGRBODA, BALDER, BRAGI, FREYJA, HERMOD, NERTHUS etc....

Alrightyy then.

Oh, I agreed with you.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo

your god doesn't even have a name? how can you say you "know" him and he "guides" you. people play what i like to refer to as the "god lottery". pick a god, any god as long as it fits "my" lifestyle. there is not "many", only one. and if you don't know him, he cannot "guide" you. the great deceiver is at work convincing people to follow a generic god, any god as long as it is not the right one. when we all stand before god do you really think he is going to say: "i don't care what you think of me or how you come to me. i am god but you made up your own rules and "versions" of me. hey, i'm cool with that. afterall i wouldn't want to "offend" you" (signed, GOD). that's baloney. one god, one way to him or no god at all. you choose. and he has made himself known to us so we don't have to guess. but if you want to keep guessing (the god lottery), have at it. i don't know "about him, i "know" him. right now, you are only guessing. of course we can disagree, but only one of us is right. this situation requires much more than a "guess".
...............visiondude

"when we all stand before god do you really think he is going to say: "i don't care what you think of me or how you come to me. i am god but you made up your own rules and "versions" of me. hey, i'm cool with that."

Most people would think that would be a reasonable assumption. Wouldn't that be more defining of a "loving, just" god? Does a name really matter? Are spanish people not saved because they pronounce Jesus different than you do? Did the early christians not received salvation because they didn't have a bible to follow? Did the thief on the cross go to hell because he wasn't baptized?

DaJack's avatar - starwars09

Ba Ba Booey!

doubting thomas, does calling on a god in whom you have no idea who he is, especially his name, make sense to you? it's like throwing empty word's into the wind. it would be the equivalent to being married to someone you never met,spoken to, seen or know her name. and then proclaiming to anyone who will listen of how "intimate" your relationship is with her. of course it makes a difference if you know who god is (his name).

you are right that god cannot differentiate between languages and "intent"(just joking). that's ridiculous that god cannot tell the difference between any person in any race or "tongue" when they call on christ. hear is the real deal anyway: god doesn't hear our word's as much as he "see's" the intent of our heart. all about intent. unlike with each other, god is not impressed with our word's. he is impressed when our heart is in it's proper place as it relates to him. has nothing to do with "pronunciation".

the disciples didn't need the "bible". they had the "living word" among them. jesus was the incarnate word. they did however have the old testament of course. jesus was the fulfillment of the old testament. the new testament was an accounting of christ's life. "the WORD was made flesh (human)and dwelled among us".

baptism isn't a requirement for salvation, otherwise the thief on the cross was in big trouble. jesus said to him (the thief) after the thief turned and trusted christ for his salvation: "truly i say to you, TODAY you will be with me in paradise".

look, the new improved v-dude. paragraphs !!!!
.......visiondude

nt

in a previous post, will robinson mentioned that he didn't like the non-paragraph text. i agree. it is much more taxing to read without a break. i promised him i would "change". just keeping my promise.....v-dude

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Wed, Feb 24, 2021, 12:58 pm

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?