What Powerball is suggesting..

Hello All,

In another thread I mention a survey on the Powerball web site. By the looks of it, it would seem that Powerball might change to a 2 dollar a bet game. Based on the survey questions, the game would keep the same number of balls and hence the same odds. The amount per bet would change from 1 to 2 dollars. This would cause the base jackpot to be 20 million and all prizes to increase in one way or another.

So what do you think? Is Powerball going the right route by charging more but keeping the same odds?

I stress that this is only from what I've seen from their survey and they may not go that way at all. But it is interesting to see another route to the large jackpots!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk

The Powerball States around Ohio get 10 percent of their sales from Ohio and Ohio hope to keep those players in Ohio with the addition of the Biggame. If the Powerball is a better deal, those people on the boarder will continue to play the powerball and the Biggame will have to make some adjustments to keep those players in Ohio. Judging from the suggestions in the survey, the odds of getting some of your money back could be better in the powerball and all the prizes could be bigger. There has been some suggestions that Ohio Super Lotto Plus might make some changes with the Biggame being the big money game. I'm sure sales will determind how the games are changed.

RJOh

I think so. Personally I hate screwing with the odds. Especially since Big Game's was already too high anyway (same with Powerball). 1:135million is insanity.

I don't think it would be wise for Powerball to make the plays $2 (OK with the Powerplay option.)                 I think Ohio players are eager to try BG-MM, especially with the long odds to win the $5 fourth prize in "Super Lotto Plus." Ohio still gyps those who take the lump sum in "Super Lotto Plus" (cash value is 44% of annuity, vs 53-54% in BG-the extra four years in the OH annuity DO NOT account for the large percentage differential).

If MSUL is contemplating an attack on the intelligence of
their player-base,I pitty them.Most lotteries will raise the
numbers or even create a new lottery game in order to reduce
the pressure on another lottery.Is is poor business sense to
do something dumb like that but then again,scrupples are in
the rear-end of life these days.
If I had my way,New York State Lotto Commission would have
been sued for removing the free bet portion on their lotto
6/49 card and then a follow-up suite on the increase from 49
numbers to 54 lottery numbers.
WAKE UP PEOPLE...THERE'S A BIG FEAR OF SOME CORPORATIONS
LOSING CONTROL OF THE DRAW AND 9/11 HAVE PUT A LOT OF