Entertaining Lottery Stories? :)

There was a Woman who quit her job as soon as she found out she won MILLIONS.... She expected to be handed a Multi Million dollar check that same day(She lived in a rare State where Press Conferences were NOT required, smart). She went to her Lottery Office and the Lottery Officials told her that the check ACTUALLY takes a month to be mailed out, meaning it could be 6 weeks before she got her Lottery Check. She immediately begged for her job back(That she JUST quit) LMAO! :D

In response to Karen Nathan

Good story.

A man THOUGHT he won 10 million in the Lottery, and was a Car Dealer. He jumped up on a car in front of Clients and begun throwing money from his wallet at them and throwing it all around..... He was also dancing on said car. He quit his job and the next day, he took a good look at the ticket. He didn't win $10 Million. He actually won $10,000. He immediately begged his boss for his job back and his Boss gave it back to him because he felt so bad for him. The Boss was like,"He would have left me for 10 Million, I see where his loyalties lie, but I'll still gave him the job back because he was so pathetic

Lol. :D

Maybe next time he could win those 10 millions if he keeps playing on budget rules. No one knows for sure who can land on that winner ticket that's one thing for sure, it could be your neighbor, you, or the beggar from the street whoever get so lucky.

In response to NOcubaNoPROBLEM

I wonder if he DOES win 10 Million for real, is he going to quit his job again? ;) ACTUALLY, he'd still need to work for 6 weeks before he gets the Millions. Remember the Woman in my OP thought she would just show up in her Lottery Office and immediately get a check for Millions, and she quit her job, only to be told the Check ACTUALLY gets made in 4 weeks and she might still have to wait an extra two weeks to have it mailed to her and begged for her job back! LMAO! :D

OhSoClose's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

Years ago, I worked at a newspaper. There was a guy in the production department named Smitty. Nice guy with kind of a short fuse. Every day, Smitty went out to lunch and stopped at Danny's Newstand on the way to to buy a quick pick for whatever the biggest jackpot was to be drawn that evening. He'd come back and put the ticket up on a corkboard in his work area. One day a buddy decides to have a little fun with Smitty. When Smitty's away from his area, the buddy jots down Smitty's numbers for the evening on a piece of paper, shoves it in his pocket and takes it home. The next morning, they're walking in from the parking lot and Smitty asks if anybody has the numbers from last night. His buddy says here they are and hands him the slip of paper, tells Smitty that he whiffed on his ticket and hopes Smitty did better. Smitty goes upstairs, gets his coffee and goes over to check his numbers. He goes from zero to 60 in about five seconds, jumping up and down, he's a millionaire. It suddenly occurs to him he needs to quit his job immediately and makes a beeline toward the boss' office to tell him to stick the whole place where the sun don't shine. It took two of his coworkers (who were in on the prank) to hold him back from throwing away his job. When they explained what had happened, it then took three of his coworkers to hold Smitty back from throwing the prankster out the 3rd floor window!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
In response to OhSoClose

LOL. Now that's pretty funny. Kind of a dumbbell posting his ticket on a bulletin board.

OhSoClose's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
In response to rcbbuckeye

Let's just say we are all a bit more innocent and trusting back then. 

Embarassed

In response to OhSoClose

That is entertaining, but what year was this where Smitty couldn't look up the Lottery Results on the internet? :/

Interesting story. If true, it's unfortunate some people literally live paycheck to paycheck and can't save much. I could last more than 6 weeks if I lost my job.

If I do win, what I would do is get my financial plan in order first and the quit. In the video that got posted, there's a story of a winner who called in the next day and quit her job and then went to claim her prize. No planning there.

In response to PrisonerSix

In a "Don't Quit Your Job Yet," article, they warn that this is very wide spread, Lottery Winners quitting their jobs after Winning, but before they actually get the check and the article basically said,"At least wait until you cash the Lottery check before quitting your job!"

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Tue, Nov 30, 2021, 6:24 pm

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?