After You Win The Lottery Big Time

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png

Here's the setup.  You've won the lottery so big you can buy anything you want.  Problem is, the more money you have the more ways you can get into trouble, even kill yourself.  Like that 1st class voyage on the Titanic II.  Your kids say you can afford to buy them a Ferrari 812 or BMW motorcycle for their last birthday, when it should be a gray Lexis with the rear doors welded shut.  No one can own everything.  However, when it comes right down to it, when you've bought everything else, what is the for sure last thing you would NEVER EVER Buy? 

BobP Type

Stat$talker's avatar - animated sphere.gif
In response to BobP

"what is the for sure last thing you would NEVER EVER Buy? "

That's an easy one..A NO GOOD QP..!!  LOL..everythingelse would still be on the table..!!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

Well for me, none of the listed.

Just a nice quiet place in the Hill Country.

But close to a store to buy another QP.

70% of jackpot winners are QP's.

In response to rcbbuckeye

Come on you gotta play by the rules of the poll.  The question is what wouldn't you buy if you had all the money in the world?  Or what's the last thing you would buy?

BobP Type

cottoneyedjoe's avatar - cuonvFT
In response to BobP

Breast implants.

grwurston's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

Well, one the first things I would have bought would have been some fast cars.  As far as the rest of the list I wouldn't buy anything. 

Speler's avatar - me

I would not get a box of whisky or try cannabis.

CDanaT's avatar - Nolz june15.jpg

Lets seeeeeee...What?.....another handgun ???? Noooooooo...More ammo?  noooooooo

I know.....actually, I'm sorta torn between 2... cheap tool or an electric vehicle.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - giphy11resized

Well, if we're going by those choices I would probably not ever buy a hot air balloon.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
In response to BobP

Sorry Bob. I wouldn't buy anything on the list, but the ONE  thing for sure is the Joe Biden portrait.

In response to Speler

Well, I'll agree with you on the Weed, but Hell,.. ain't nuttin wrong with Whiskey naah..!! LOL

In fact, you'll be turning out Stats reeaal Briskey, after sipping a shot of it,  and a niice Cuban Cigar!

I get into "Da Zoone" Type wit a lil Cognac & a Cohiba "Esplendidos"...!!.Daaammmn.!!, makes my mouth water just typing about it..!!

Speler's avatar - me

I drove my parents Audi 100 occasionally during the mid 80's. I didn't like putting it in the first gear. The rest was fine. Oh, the diesel engine was noisy. So, I'd rather take a car with a silent engine, lots of room and power, kind of like with a 2 liter engine at least. Some car that easily drives up a mountain. - I think that I'll just take the bus again while Stat$talker will drive his Maybach. ...

In response to Speler

LOL..Haa Haa..

You appear to sum me up well..cause I love precision $hit..as in flawless Math measurements, and well built Women, Cars., Houses, Planes, Gadgets....!!

And I'm DESTINED to be a Billionaire..!! Thumbs Up

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg

I've never given any thought to what I wouldn't buy. There's a lot of things I'd never buy now, so I guess I'd still never buy them after a big win.

In the poll, I said I'd never buy a portrait of Hunter Biden. Same goes for his Old Man. G5

Speler's avatar - me
In response to GiveFive

I wouldn't get one of Obama, Mobutu or other. We had the painted extreme devilish Ajatolah K. posters around 40 years ago. The skeletons on motorbikes were cooler. A nice pinup like found in garages is fine! ...

Last4Show page 2Page 3 of 4
In response to Pick3master3838

If you win the jackpot, create a charitable trust. Transfer your winnings into the Trust and invest the money(blue chip stocks) until it grows to around $200 Million. From there, buy a $100 bond portfolio and use the interest to help the homeless shelters who would provide food and housing. This will protect your wealth from estate taxes, as well as keep family members from claiming it for themselves.

In response to BobP

This would be a private trust whereby I lend money to an organization that will invest the money in blue chip stocks. Once the money has doubled, they give back the difference(money I loaned plus interest) back to the trust. The rest of the money is theirs to keep. If at all possible never do a cash donation as it will be considered a gift tax. Loaning the money avoids the gift tax because they must pay it back.

Speler's avatar - me

Big win like a billion or like 3 millions? I'd buy a nice house and a good car first. The money should be sufficient for a nice and quiet life until death. I wouldn't stay here, there is a to big passage and flow of asians and africans.

In response to Speler

The billion dollar prizes don't come around all that often, but sure why not?  The poll is what wouldn't you buy, so if you'd buy a nice house and good car, you wouldn't buy a crappy house and bad car.  Get something in the countryside,  love those (see The Quiet Man) straw roofs where the bugs drop into your soup.  Do they still make those little French cars that sound like they're making popcorn?  There was a time when we had three or four kinds of French cars selling over here, now there are none, wonder why? 

BobP Type

Speler's avatar - me
In response to BobP

When I was in my twenties, I bought a second hand car in a Mercedes garage. An old Renault 5 1.1 TL. I usually thought 1.1 Teelöffel, means teaspoons, but it consumed, only was low in insurance and taxes. The wheels were big and downwards with wind in the back it could do 160 kmh. You wouldn't survive a crash, I suppose. But, for the city, a parking was easily found and curves were no problems. - There was the Diane, later the Charleston. The Diane had these seats like those old garden-chairs with a cloth. I didn't buy that one, I could have bought it, would buy it today because it is an oldtimer and still driving! Breaks were not so great but at snailspeed, that's okay! - The car makers started with electrical and hybrids. Renault has the Twizzy and they produced Twingo as smallest car. The others also produced very small cars like the 105. Than came Hyundai with the Matiz and FIAT always was there with the 500 that became bigger and is very popular. Women love that car. There also was that Panda car, like 34 years ago. - The old Deudeuche let air inside. You felt it in the winter. The french cars often had the bad steel or finish, the reputation was bad carrosserie. On the others side there is Opel and Vokswagen. The BMW and Mercedes are more in the luxury for rich people. Yes, there is Ford too. The german tanks had Ford engines. ... ... You buy according to your budget, not according to what you want or wish. I just get bus- or traintickets. Busses are cheaper. - I walk, my bicycles were stolen, only one wasn't as I was taking care of that it couldn't get stolen all the time. ...

I bought the R5 for 50000 belgian franks. A deutsche Mark was like 20 belgian franks.

On your tube:

L'accident de voiture en 2CV | "Le corniaud" - Gérard Oury - 1965

Speler's avatar - me

I think that I could do 80 kmh uphill a mountain on the autoroute. I didn't mind if a truck was faster.

Speler?..Sounds as tho YOU need to learn to be tolerant of others,.. EVERY Species have the SAME GOD given right to exist...

This Planet belongs to the Creator...Stop ranting here about any Ethnic insecurities..!! That type of Mentality was the cause of WWI & WWII..

THIS IS A LOTTERY FORUM..!!

Speler's avatar - me
In response to Stat$talker

"Species have the SAMEGOD"

Each god is made at the image of his species that created his god. Therefore those are different as they belong in different places. Maybe I should donate my wins to move them to the other continents. Do I sound like D. Trump? We also have got a party for that. Mostly the countries are named to not say the species? That used to be the work-around? ... If I win big, I won't buy any slave. Americans did the error that I won't do. You didn't get any refund, so you still have them! ...
There was a proposition for making wars. You first build a wall around the country and after that you throw the mother of all bombs and such. Reason of war? Like the diaspora of the jews? The capture of a German? The shootings in Russia? Britain colonializing? The diaspora of africans and asians? ...

In response to Speler

..........................    I'll Pray for you..!!

Speler's avatar - me
In response to Stat$talker

Please don't do this at home! Try the next mosque in your area! If you don't have any then contact your nearest ... . 

I didn't know you were a radical believer putting spells on others.

And the WINNER IS so far the Hunter Biden Painting as the very last thing people would buy when they win more money then they know what to do with. 

Will the Hunter Biden Painting stay in the lead or will it sink like a lead anchor.

Stay tuned for further updates. 

BobP Type

Did you know:  Humans are the only animal with bad taste?  That doesn't mean humans taste bad.  It means their clothing, furnishings and yard decor are often in bad taste.  Up next: Bear Cave versus Man Cave.  Would men be willing to live in a former bear cave if it had free beer and wide screen?  What do you think?

CDanaT's avatar - Nolz june15.jpg

Oh Heck Bob...Us traditional toxic masculine guys would live in a bear cave with a wide screen/beer but its got to have a toilet and no lawn to mow. Just curious on one aspect. Are firearms allowed ? The end

hearsetrax's avatar - alien on_computer.jpg
In response to CDanaT

LOL

In response to CDanaT

Next you'll be wanting TP !!  As for firearms, so long as people can understand one simple line in the Constitution they're good to go. Though you'll have to make your own powder and musket balls. Gotta keep it fair in case the bears want their den back. 

BobP Type

There is nothing on that list I would want. There was a time when I might have said Ocean Front Condo, but since I live in a home that flooded in 2016 and recently, homes in other areas of my city have flooded, so being on the water no longer appeals to me. I wish I could have picked more than one item.

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Sun, Nov 28, 2021, 5:41 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?