Update on website timeout errors

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg

I wanted to provide an update on the problems we've all been experiencing with Lottery Post today.  I am sure that they are very frustrating for all of you, and believe me, they are 100% frustrating to me as well.

Starting at around 4:00 am Eastern Time this morning (Friday) the website started experiencing timeout problems that would occur every 20 minutes or so.  All of the sudden the website would basically freeze, and then around 2 to 5 minutes later it would be perfectly fine.  During that 2-5 minutes it would show a Cloudflare "timeout" error message page.

Then the website went completely offline from 7:00 am to 9:00 am Eastern Time.  At 9:00 am it went back to it's same behavior of going along fine for 5-20 minutes, followed by 2-5 minutes of downtime, repeating endlessly.  That's where we are right now (4:30 pm Eastern Time).

The problem is that within the data center where Lottery Post's computer servers are located, they are experiencing a system-wide networking problem that apparently is very complicated.  It is disrupting networking for every company in the data center -- not just Lottery Post.  (A data center like the one we are in has thousands of businesses within it.)

While problems like this happen to every website from time to time, this particular problem is unusual in how long it is taking to fix.  And that is making it very frustrating.  The worst part is that there is literally nothing I can do about it.  I have to wait, like everyone else, for the data center to fix the problem.

I do know that they have been working to fix it the entire time, and that they have brought in other companies to help.

I thought by being transparent about this and sharing what I know that it can at least help bring some clarity to what is happening and perhaps alleviate some of the frustration that I know everyone is experiencing.

I am terribly sorry for the problems today, and hopefully it will all be behind us soon.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - giphy11resized

Thanks for the update, Todd. These things happen.

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

I thought something was wrong with my computer. Then I googled Error 522. So I understand this is out of your control. But thanks for the update.Thumbs Up

Raven62's avatar - binary

Thanks for the heads up!Thumbs Up

How does this fit into the scheme of things?

This page is currently offline. However, because the site uses Cloudflare's Always Online Technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online is powered by Cloudflare.

If the Lottery Post Website is Down then Cloudflare's Always Online Technology doesn't Work?

In response to Raven62

That only works for websites that serve static (never-changing) content.  Lottery Post's content is always different, and is always different for every person who visits.  So there's no way to serve static content.

In response to Todd

Appreciate the info and your time...

ACE2410's avatar - Lottery-025.jpg

thanks for the update Todd....

Cassie8620's avatar - oGH0ok
In response to Win$500Quick

I was literally seeing the same thing, for approximately 3 to 5 minutes.

I was going to reach Todd.

I see he has properly and quickly addressed it. So, now i know.Yes Nod Out of his control, yep. 

Glad it is working again. 

Cassie8620's avatar - oGH0ok
In response to Todd

I appreciate it, sir.

Thank you, for the immediate update.

Thank You...

Well, we've had solid network connectivity for the last couple of hours, so although I haven't yet gotten the official word that everything is fixed, things are looking good right now.

hearsetrax's avatar - alien on_computer.jpg

ThreeFish$'s avatar - dragon eye.jpg

Thanks Todd for keeping us informed!!!I hope it is fixed !THREEFISH $

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg

Thank you!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg

This is the first time I've been on today, or this morning, not sure LOL.

Anyway, about 5 minutes ago it froze, and I thought it was my computer (had not seen Todd's post).

Went to Tx Lottery site, came back here and back to normal (maybe).

Just gotta ride it out.

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Fri, Sep 25, 2020, 4:47 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?