Share

93.83% chance of winning - Is it enough?

Avatar

Hey All,

Straight to point. I haven't came up with any "magical systems' that win ever time, as many here claim. However, with few simple formulas and basic statistics, i came with some interesting oddity.

There are 12,103,014 < Possibilities of choosing 5 from 70.

I narrowed it down to 742,622 per drawing, which means we can throw away 93.83% of possibilities leaving us with 6.17%. I have yet to look at sums etc that can narrow it down. One question i have is:

1) How does group playing plays out legally? What i'm asking is that if someone from the group ( 1-20 people, no more than that) play numbers from my list and it wins, that he is bonded to share it with all 1-20 people? I know that people have pools at work etc, but how it would work online?

If any questions, feel free to let me know.

Thanks

 

P.S. I'm interested only in 5:0 winning, as that's guaranteed win, while Jackpot varies. However, it is obvious if someone hits jackpot, he needs to share as well:)

Avatar

Update:

FINAL # of combinations to choose from is 677,011. From this set of combinations, there should be a winner by the end of the year in Mega million.

Below is how it represents itself with sums.

Anyone here good with sums that would like to cooperate?

Thanks 

201
231
252
261
271
281
291
304
313
325
335
345
358
368
3710
389
3913
4019
4114
4223
4321
4423
4535
4626
4742
4831
4940
5044
5147
5256
5366
5465
5571
5667
5781
5885
59112
6091
61114
62119
63126
64152
65164
66175
67158
68167
69195
70221
71245
72211
73267
74288
75251
76340
77328
78377
79400
80403
81378
82466
83481
84496
85470
86526
87577
88610
89623
90661
91699
92699
93801
94752
95822
96885
97903
98995
991010
1001131
1011083
1021109
1031149
1041230
1051291
1061348
1071421
1081484
1091432
1101572
1111540
1121645
1131734
1141832
1151820
1161836
1172029
1182038
1192054
1202208
1212330
1222315
1232370
1242450
1252531
1262596
1272726
1282722
1292943
1302892
1312911
1323063
1333119
1343236
1353376
1363452
1373387
1383649
1393556
1403706
1413702
1423863
1433879
1444102
1454085
1464158
1474143
1484293
1494405
1504487
1514358
1524655
1534770
1544846
1554728
1564901
1574911
1584934
1595181
1605143
1615204
1625300
1635284
1645518
1655481
1665399
1675690
1685562
1695651
1705620
1715854
1725843
1735836
1745862
1755950
1765922
1775926
1786040
1795984
1806007
1815876
1826041
1836052
1846001
1855781
1866034
1876052
1886029
1895995
1906168
1916033
1926121
1935965
1945796
1955919
1965942
1975804
1985888
1995829
2005743
2015709
2025666
2035659
2045593
2055437
2065594
2075449
2085265
2095299
2105255
2115303
2125186
2135033
2145017
2154892
2164901
2174830
2184779
2194691
2204574
2214602
2224387
2234313
2244281
2254142
2264093
2273885
2283799
2293670
2303761
2313685
2323563
2333468
2343303
2353185
2363241
2373055
2383020
2393044
2402928
2412733
2422704
2432588
2442562
2452433
2462411
2472307
2482264
2492143
2502072
2512001
2521991
2531852
2541827
2551626
2561697
2571542
2581618
2591470
2601387
2611368
2621358
2631250
2641225
2651134
2661108
267990
2681000
269940
270941
271869
272791
273748
274754
275662
276682
277585
278525
279546
280497
281483
282439
283432
284415
285362
286369
287343
288313
289288
290285
291266
292225
293223
294208
295209
296153
297156
298165
299125
300115
301115
30298
30397
30499
30584
30662
30763
30870
30955
31043
31139
31234
31339
31427
31523
31624
31723
31827
31920
32017
32115
32214
3236
3242
3257
3269
3275
3283
3292
3302
3311
Avatar

Instead of trying to hit Mega 2nd prize

Why not try to find a Pick 4 str narrowed system

Pick 4 is 10K to 1 odd for str 

Hitting $50 a str is $250K before taxes 

Avatar

Hmm, not sure i understand you, but if I played $50 worth of winning 5:0, then it will be 50 x 250,000 ..it is just matter of perspective:)

PS. Any Mega Million pickers here?

Avatar
In response to LotteryConnect

I am saying it’s better to play and hit pick 4 game str than to try and hit 2nd prize of MM which is way harder and might be even not possible to hit in 10-20 years

Lottomeister's avatar - white face.jpg
In response to LotteryConnect

I've got a program that will essentially do all that and even under 1000-1 odds and  lower if the correct filters are hit. You do not necessarily have a winner. I would not get into a pool of 20 people with almost 700,000 combinations. How many tickets is someone going to buy at at a time 50? That's a $100. Not worth it. Chances of someone in the group hitting is almost nil. 5/39 in NY odds are over 500,00-1 You're better off with quick picks.

Avatar

Hi,

Can you clarify what you mean by your program going under 1000-1 odds? 12Million / 1000 = 120K vs 700k?

5/39 NY is par mutual, and that's not something I'm interested in.

The 700K is from pure randomness, so from here we start filtering.

Statistically, if you choose any group of 700K combinations ( whether you go by sums, or whatever 'system' you have) then chances are that you should be right once every 15 drawings ( 700*15 = roughly 12Million).

Since new version of MM 5/70 from October 28, 2017, there were 288 drawings, so we should except roughly 19 winners by now. (288/15). Yet it has not been hit even once, while other groups of random 700K have been hit many times.

The goal is to have a small group, that is willing to play numbers from that 700K range. Whatever system of narrowing down people choose from here, is up to them.

Avatar

Mega Million today. Anyone got a sum or a range to check?

Avatar

Prediction:

Only 2 numbers from 5 will be from the set below. It might look trivial, but no point picking 3 numbers from that set.

As for Powerball, it will be below 14.

 

1
5
6
8
9
10
14
16
20
23
25
26
29
34
37
40
41
43
44
46
48
52
53
55
56
58
59
62
64
Avatar
In response to LotteryConnect

How are you coming up with these 29 numbers and why would you say that only 2 of them need looking at?

Just curious.

Avatar
In response to LotteryConnect

There are 12,103,014 < Possibilities of choosing 5 from 70.

I narrowed it down to 742,622 per drawing, which means we can throw away 93.83% of possibilities leaving us with 6.17%.

 

 

The odds of hitting a jackpot still remains 1 in 12103014 . You can slice it

anyway you want, the odds remains the same. I don't see the relevance of

the 288 draws so far if draws are distinct and exclusive

Avatar

Well, there isn't "system" for picking correct 5 + 1 numbers. The point is to narrow it at reasonable amount, where there is possibility. Yes, drawings are distinct and exclusive, yet randomness should prevail. 

Anyway, i'm not here to argue. Doesn't hurt to have a topic and make predictions right?

P.S. I'm still looking for anyone that analyzes solely Mega Million, and stays away from that morning/midday/evening lotto 2/3/4/5 crap :)

P.S#2 - Not that i'm against lotto, but i have different outlook at lottery. It is meant to be fun, with some "addiction of analyzing" and potentially some chances of winning. That's why i go only for Mega Million. From many threads here, i can see that people treat lottery 2/3/4/5 etc picks and its analysis of systems as daily job or "extra income".

Avatar
In response to LotteryConnect

Only 1 number, 62 was from the list. Power ball was 20.

Numbers for today drawing was:

2,22,30,42,62 + 20 Power ball LOL

Avatar
In response to LotteryConnect

P.S. I'm still looking for anyone that analyzes solely Mega Million, and stays with that morning/midday/evening lotto 2/3/4/5 crap :)

I don't think you're ready for a dialogue, LP forum is all about discussion and solutions, if asking questions  or stating the premise of a game rattles you , then is very unfortunate. Funny, you said digit games 2,3,4,5 crap

, remember we have a lot of programmers on this platform (selfless and humble I should say) who do write scripts for all typesof games.

If you want to listen to yourself, trust me, you 'll be hitting the reply button yourself. 

Good Luck

Avatar
In response to adobea78

It looks like we will not get along well on this forum. Not sure what you have against me but:

1) I came to LP as i'm interested in numbers and lottery, as i think 90% of people here.

2) In the first post, i wrote that i'm not talking about any "systems' as such do not exist.

3) In previous post, i asked if anyone is analyzing solely Mega Million, so that we can possibly chat and exchange ideas? Preferably, someone that understands that there are 1 to 12+ million combinations fo 5 from 70 in Mega Million. Also, someone that realizes that lottery is like roulette, where each spin/draw is independent, so previous 288 spins/drawings have nothing to do with next one. However, he/she is willing to "crunch the numbers" for fun twice a week, with obvious potential win.

4) Original post was about how it plays out legally, if a group of 20 people exist. I explained it, that i'm not looking for 20 people to play all 700K possibilities. If you or anyone reading it did, then my apology, but you missed the point.

5) This i lottery forum, so i think it is normal to ask if someone plays/analyzes only Mega Million. Explanation of why i'm not interested in Lotto or anything else, was answered in my previous post, and I preferred to clear it up beforehand. There was no intention of attacking anyone.

6) I don't think it is bad if i make my predictions in my own thread, rather than create 10-20 threads right?

Good Luck to you too :)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Fri, Nov 27, 2020, 2:38 am

Log In

Log InCancel

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?