Today I learned

db101's avatar - RB55Ms1

that a "glome" is a 4-dimensional sphere. https://mathworld.wolfram.com/Glome.html
I guess you learn something new everyday.

Raven62's avatar - binary
In response to db101

Mystics used to see it as a place where spirits lived, since they weren't bound by our earthly rules. In his theory of special relativity, Einstein called the fourth dimension time, but noted that time is inseparable from space. While we can move in any direction in our 3-D world, at this time we can only move forward in time.

db101's avatar - RB55Ms1
In response to Raven62

We are 4 dimensional beings hurtling through the cosmos.

In response to Raven62

I don't know if we can only move forward in time or not. I know this is going to sound crazy, but about 23 years ago me and 4 of my friends was out riding around goofing off. We went under an old rock built bridge that's up near the Blue Ridge Parkway about 8 miles from my house. It was just about to hit midnight when we went under that bridge and we all know we was riding for better than an hour after going under that bridge. When we got back to that same bridge coming out of there, it was just a few minutes after 10pm. The car was never cut off so unless the clock reset it's self with a glitch or something none of us know what happened. That's the honest truth though. It scared my one friends so bad, that to this day if it's mentioned, hell get up and leave. And no, we wasn't drinking. LOL. Definitely wouldn't have been any drugs either. They wouldn't have been in my car if there was. Let alone hanging out with me. Back to the house and the time was true on the clocks at the house as to what it was in the car. I've no idea what really happened, but it was one of the weirdest things I'd ever experienced. Still to this day. Not saying we traveled back in time, but something definitely happened that night.

Stat$talker's avatar - animated sphere.gif
In response to Greenfox

Huuummm...

So?,..either you all went BACK in time, 3 hrs,.. or were somewhere for 22 hrs, but can't remember...

was the day (Date) the same after this strange encounter?...Did anyone ask either of you "where had you been?"?

Have you ever taken a compass or animal back to that area, to see if they react strange?

db101's avatar - RB55Ms1
In response to Greenfox

The glome strikes again! Lost time (or gained time in your case) is defintely a disorienting experience. On a side note, I'm impressed that you've lived in the same place for at least 23 years. People as young as you appear to be tend to move a lot more these days.

In response to Stat$talker

I don't really know what happened Stat. I just know what time it was when we got to that point and what time it was when we came back out. I had a girl to meet and I was driving, so naturally I was keeping an eye on the clock. I wasn't the first to mention it though. It was actually my friend that it scared so bad. Not sure about the date since it was just a digital clock in the car and a wall clock in the house, but other than the midnight shift to the next day, it should have been the same. I had more important things on my mind at the time, so I wasn't really thinking about it enough to check the date. I just know what time it was when we got there, an approximate of what time we rode around, and what time it was when we got back to that spot. It should have been at the least 1:00 am when we did make it back there. It definitely should not have been the time it was. At the time we got back up out of there, we was actually cruising in the town down the mountain. Was setting in the drivethru at Wendys actually. No, never been back up there to investigate anything. Would though in a second. My friend though? You can forget that. It messed him up so bad that he didn't leave his house for over a year. Well, he'd go in his yard, but as far as going anywhere, you could forget that. Yes. We talked about it. What could one say though? I did it like most things and chalked it up as was what it was. I have no idea what happened, or why. I only know that's what happened.

In response to db101

It was a weird feeling for sure. Whatever it was. There was a weird feeling we all had to be honest when we got to the bridge in the first place. My cousin mentioned it and the rest just kind of agreed.

Young? LOL. I wish. I was 22 at the time. But yes, other than a few years in the town down the mountain, which should have never happened, been here for 46 years in August. I've got a 2 football field size yard right outside my door and another football size one to the left. Takes me 5 minutes to go to the store and back. No other house right on top of me listening to my every word. Mountains right behind me that are just beautiful in the spring and summer and keeps away any tornado's or anything like that. A little snow in the winter is about all that has to be dealt with. Nice, peaceful and quiet. What more could I ask for? Plus it's paid for. Smile  I'm not made like a lot of people to where I have to have everything new so often. More of a kept most of everything I ever owned type of person. Still had all my old toys as a kid with paperwork, boxes etc. till recently. I don't care for the rat race out there either. I'm fine right here, working and chasing my pup around the yard.  Simple needs with a complex mind. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. The way it is nonetheless.

Have a good evening and best of luck!

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Mon, Sep 28, 2020, 11:30 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?