Race of the Day @ Oaklawn Park

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg

Race of the Day:  Oaklawn:

Top Beyer fillies Frank's Rockette, Edgeway square off in Purple Martin Stakes

It’s a Beyer Speed Figure battle on Saturday when Frank’s Rockette meets Edgeway in the $100,000 Purple Martin Stakes at Oaklawn Park.

In response to eddessaknight
04/05/2020
View in browser

Race of the Day:   Oaklawn

Ginobili needs no assist to win Sunday feature

Ginobili, named for retired San Antonio Spurs standout Manu Ginobili, has invaded Oaklawn from Southern California for Sunday's optional $80,000 claiming race for 3-year-olds over six furlongs. 

Gulfstream

Weaver hopes Up in Smoke keeps winning and learning

Up in Smoke is unbeaten, but she’s far from perfect. At least that’s the way trainer George Weaver looks at it, as he prepares the 3-year-old filly for her first start in open company and first against older horses in Sunday’s first-level optional-claiming feature at Gulfstream Park. There are 11 races on Sunday’s card, which begins shortly after 1 p.m. Read more.

Gulfstream Park

Promising twosome square off in Gulfstream allowance

David GreningApr 08, 2020

Finding Fame wins a Feb. 23 maiden race at Gulfstream Park
Lauren King/Coglianese PhotosFinding Fame is coming off a win in her career debut at Gulfstream in February.
Go to EntriesGo to PPsBet Now

Finding Fame and Four Graces both lived up to their trainers’ expectations first-time out, winning maiden races at odds of 7-1 a week apart at Gulfstream Park.

Friday, Finding Fame and Four Graces will likely be the first and second choices, respectively, when they square off in a salty first-level allowance for 3-year-old fillies going a mile that serves as the feature on Gulfstream Park’s 10-race card.

Finding Fame, a daughter of Empire Maker owned by Gainesway Stable and Andrew Rosen, got a nice setup behind four horses early on, swung five wide turning for home, and held Primacy at bay winning by three-quarters of a length on Feb. 23. She ran 6 1/2 furlongs in 1:17.44 and earned a 74 Beyer Speed Figure. Among the 11 horses she beat that day was the hot favorite Miss T Too, who ran 10th but came back to win her maiden on March 8 with a 78 Beyer.

“I thought she ran really well, but I expected her to – she had trained well,” Shug McGaughey, the trainer of Finding Fame, said of his filly. “They were worried about the 6 1/2 [furlongs], I wasn’t. This should be a better setup for her. She’s still an immature filly. Racing and time is going to help, but I think she’s okay.”

Javier Castellano rode first out. Friday, Edgard Zayas rides Finding Fame from post 5.

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Thu, Apr 22, 2021, 9:11 pm

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?