What would you do with winnings with the market way down?

Let's say you win a big jackpot lump sum. With the craziness of the virus and the market crashing. I think I'd personally keep it all liquid, CDs, gold, silver and off shore accounts until this thing blows over. Im sure in a few months everything will come back stronger than ever.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
In response to Unlucky fool

Pick up some stock bargains that should rebound. 

Two things, some companies are dipping their toe in elder abuse.  GE is one, they send out stock dividend checks for as little at 12 cents.  If you toss them, if you don't deposit them, it is considered all the proof necessary to declare your account inactive.  Then they send you a notice your stocks are being transferred to the state's unclaimed funds account.  Same week you get a letter from a firm that GE owns saying they will attempt to recover your funds for 10% by selling your stock for cash from which they take 10% and your get the remainder. 

BobP Type

Do yourself and loved ones a favor and bing/google the three words, NAC AND FLU, and they say the only thing you can do is wash your hands.

"Two things, some companies are dipping their toe in elder abuse.  GE is one, they send out stock dividend checks for as little at 12 cents.  If you toss them, if you don't deposit them, it is considered all the proof necessary to declare your account inactive.  Then they send you a notice your stocks are being transferred to the state's unclaimed funds account.  Same week you get a letter from a firm that GE owns saying they will attempt to recover your funds for 10% by selling your stock for cash from which they take 10% and your get the remainder. "

The criminality in this country is beyond the pale.

Stat$talker's avatar - animated sphere.gif
In response to lucky1day

No Nod   Corporate Greed at its best...!!

sully16's avatar - sharan

3 words, Toilet paper Factory.

Ask for the entire ammount of winnings in unwraped hand counted pennies :)

cottoneyedjoe's avatar - cuonvFT
In response to sully16

^^ Genius.

CDanaT's avatar - Nolz june15.jpg
In response to sully16

Some folks aren't shaking hands because of the Coronavirus. I'm not shaking hands because everyone is out of toilet paper !

Time to get in the market is now. Buy on dips. This is the best time to win a jackpot. Even if it’s only 50k.

music*'s avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

No one can call bottoms or tops of the stock market. When the price of most things fall then it is a good time to buy. 

I would have professionals who live the markets advise me.

Now is the time to win!

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
In response to sully16

Ha ha, good one.  Someone needs to tell people, they can't eat toilet paper.

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

Especially corona virus vaccine.

I figure with all the sheltering in place what else Is there to do. So, I'd invest in baby clothing and other baby related stocks for the boom we will likely see 9 months from now.

In response to CDanaT

Up here in Michigan, some say you can use an old sock, the Michigan Mud mitten.ROFL

In response to LiveInGreenBay

Wonder how it stacks on the Pelatons they still aren't using.

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Mon, Nov 23, 2020, 4:16 pm

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?