Many Lottery Winners in MA Use a Trust

Just something interesting I noticed a few weeks ago at the MA Lottery web site. Lots of winners with photos posted ... I started to notice one picture over and over holding up a large 'ceremonial check' ... the same smiling person and name ... representing a 'trust'.

You will notice other trust names and photos but this one guy, David Spillane, just stands out ... seems to be the 'go to person' for setting up a trust dealing with a lottery win.

You can check the winners list at the lottery site ... it's very long. The 'Winners' tab at the top.

$25,000 a Year for Life prize winning ticket sold in Milton

October 3, 2019

The trust, represented by trustee David Spillane, chose to receive its prize in the form of a one-time payment of $390,000 (before taxes).

-----------------------------

‘Monopoly’ ticket sold in Plymouth wins $1 million prize

September 19, 2019

$1 million prize winning ticket sold in Middleborough

August 29, 2019

Lois Lane Nominee Trust of Hanover, represented by trustee David Spillane, has claimed a grand prize in the Massachusetts State Lottery’s 'Diamond Millions' instant ticket game.

$1 million prize winning ticket sold in Mendon

August 29, 2019

The Daily Planet Nominee Trust of Hanover has claimed the latest $1 million prize in the Massachusetts State Lottery’s '200X' instant game.

The trust, represented by trustee David Spillane, chose the cash option on its prize and received a one-time payment of $650,000 (before taxes).

$4 million winning ticket sold in Feeding Hills

August 20, 2019

The prize was claimed by Our Better Angels Nominee Trust of Hanover. The trust, represented by trustee David Spillane, chose the annuity option.

Big ‘Payout’ on ticket sold in Stoneham

July 02, 2019

The trust, represented by trustee David Spillane, chose the annuity option.

Mass Cash Parade

April & May 2019

David Spillane in top photo appears to be holding three $100,000 checks for a trust.

$2,500 a Week for Life grand prize winning ticket sold in Braintree

April 18, 2019

The trust, represented by trustee David Spillane, chose the cash option.

$1 million prize winning ticket sold in North Reading

March 14, 2019

The trust, represented by trustee David Spillane, chose the cash option.

Claimed first $4 million prize in ‘Diamond 9’s’ game

February 04, 2019

The Trust, represented by Trustee David Spillane, chose the cash option.

I'd infer from that that the lottery personnel  has been referring large claimants to David Spillane.

Raven62's avatar - binary

It just goes to show you: It Pays to Advertize!

To me he comes across as a very likable person, judging from his picture. He may be very popular in the area  by 'word of mouth' from other winners, a good built up reputation over time as a nice person to do business with ... or maybe his office is right across the street from the MA Lottery Office, easy to get to !!!

As I mentioned earlier, there are at least five or six other people pictured as 'trustees' ... three or four women and maybe three or more other men. Having a trustee to collect lottery winnings in MA seems to be a popular thing to do.

Raven62's avatar - binary

Dorchester Lottery Headquarters:

Massachusetts State Lottery Commission
150 Mount Vernon Street
Dorchester, MA 02125-3573
(781) 849-5555

S/K/B Attorneys:

Hanover, MA & Quincy, MA

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Sun, Nov 29, 2020, 4:35 am

Forgot your username?