Mad as Hell cause you can't WIN MM or PB...??

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

OLE ROCKIE TOP AUNT that "ROCKY" when it comes too $$$

Winning a National JackPot LOTTERY

Party$ Party$$$ Party$ Party

MegaMillion   DrumJack-in-the-Box  Drum   Power Ball $$$

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver

I would play games with better odds.  I've been playing WI supercash (6/39 game) for quite a while, the odds at hitting the JP are about 1:1.7 million.  If I can't win that one, how can I win something like PB?  However; when PB gets really high, I still buy one ticket just for the excitement.

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
In response to LiveInGreenBay

Thats what I have been doing also here in N.C. with lucky for life.
I could live off of 1000 dollars a day for life. couldn't you?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk

Your odds may be better but the prize is a lot smaller.  If you're only hoping to win a million or so, are the odds really any better?

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney

I agree with this philosophy... I play rolling cash 5/39 game and it's going well.  I already matched 4 numbers which turned into a 300 win.  The jackpot is usually under 200,000 which is fine by me.

Ricklou's avatar - simba walk.gif

A very few will be so lucky to win a jackpot ever....... pick 3 might be a better option agreed

Theox-'s avatar - DAylUYw

I'm going to take a hiatus from jackpot games for a while. For the time being I'll focus on my state's cash 5 and occasionally play Lucky For Life. I'm feeling a little burnt out on PB and MM.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
In response to RJOh

You got to be lucky to win the jackpot in any game even a 5/39 game where odds of winning a jackpot are less than one in a million.

I prefer to look at the overall odds of winning any prize since winning a small prize once in while makes chasing that elusive jackpot more entertaining.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening

I go with the old saying..."You have to be in it, to win it" and buy 1 ticket for each drawing of MM & PB.

Other than that I play NY Lotto and Take5.

At this point, I'll take anything!

aquariuslottery's avatar - AquariusLotteryLogo
In response to RJOh

And gives you chance to get some money back. With the odds like in MM for hitting the JP my first priority would be going after smaller prizes and if JP accidentally (I think this is the appropriate phrase) comes around - so much better. Playing for something that never comes out (JP) will eventually burn out anybody. I think I will give MM a shot - Canadians are eligible and I'm only 10 minutes from the border. For smaller prizes will need wheels, though. LP wheels are not that good so I have to design my own.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
In response to psykomo

rocky tops maybe gone Mad

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
In response to aquariuslottery

With 15 lines using all mega balls, you're guaranteed at least a $1 win in MegaMillions. Wink 

That's a 7% return of your cost which is as good as some of the top predictors do on the prediction board. Unhappy

You should have picked up that bucket in NY like the other one did.

How can I get mad at something that I most likely won't win in my lifetime?

To be accurate, 99.9% won't win. Not very good odds to spend 5 bucks or whatever every week. I wouldn't spend 5 cents, alhough I buy a ticket from time to time, just in case lightning strikes...lol

Other than the lottery, what other category would you bet money on, that had a constant reputation of losing money 99.8% of the time? 

Joe: Hey Bob !

Bob: What?

Joe: You want to invest in this stock that I recently heard about? The only problem is that there's only a .02% chance of making an income. You Interested?

Bob: ugghh....no       Green laugh

In response to amber123

You can make a good amount of income from the stock market in the form of preferred stocks that pays a very good dividend without ever having to sell and get hit with capital gains tax. With a qualified dividend preferred stock, you are taxed at around 15% while non qualified dividend stocks are taxed as ordinary income. Chose wisely...

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Sat, Jan 22, 2022, 11:45 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?