We will honor requests for anonymity from winners

myturn's avatar - 6a00d8341c565553ef0148c6e6e8fe970c 800wi

If I win a lottery, can I remain anonymous? 

We will honor requests for anonymity from winners. However, we certainly ho.pe winners will allow us to share their names and good news with other players.

Wyoming Lottery - FAQ

I hope the Wyoming Lottery offers a subscription service for players outside the state. The right to anonymity would be popular across the US.

Does your State Lottery allow winners to remain anonymous?

In response to myturn

My state(Louisiana) doesn't allow anonymity, but the winner can decline to have a photo taken if they so choose. The only way to be anonymous here is to claim as an entity.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
In response to myturn

Jersey does not allow for it, there was a proposal for a 1 year hold on publishing the winners name but it failed.

I'm not sure but I think you can decline the photo, someone not to far from me won and I hav'nt been able to find their photo.

As for myself it doesn't matter anymore as I go to Delaware for the big $ games.

I imagine the next proposal will be like Tx. you'll have to pay for it,

they'll pass that in the middle of the night like they did the 10.8% state tax.

Im glad mine doesnt...you'd have more to fear from your own family or friends more than the public at large anyways. I think we have the right to know if a real live person has actually won

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg

Illinois, no, but......

A few years ago a female pharmacist won the Mega Millions. She told the Illinois lottery that if it was publicized as usual she'd face many malpractice suits filed by opportunists.

So they let her go to a professional make up artist and she appeared as disguised as she could get.

They whole is here on LP somewhere and probably on the 'net, too.

Here she is:

Here's the link and the story:
https://www.lotterypost.com/news/172231

In response to Shelby Mustang

Someone the other day pointed out that when harm came to a jackpot winner, it was done by a close friend before the windfall or a family member. Do you think anybody could win a multi-million jackpot and not tell anyone?

And then there is store selling the ticket that possibly video tapped the transaction; will they bribe the owner and the clerks where they bought the ticket to remain silent?

dallascowboyfan's avatar - chi

Oklahoma you have to have a trust

1/25/10 $32M POWERBALL PRIZE IS CLAIMED - The End of the Rainbow Trust Accepts Winnings

7/2/2008 Heritage Trust Oklahoma $84,900,000.00 Annuity.

6/17/2006 $101.8 Million Powerball Jackpot Claimed by WJW Investment Trust

Every lottery state, district, territory in the U.S. needs to copy Delaware:

Romancandle's avatar - moon
In response to Coin Toss

I Agree!

"Winner privacy is our policy and your choice"

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Fri, Sep 17, 2021, 2:13 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?