Monopoly Millionaires put on hold

LOL well that didnt last long. I wondered if it would take off but I didnt want to buy another ticket until it really got up to at least to where Powerball starts. 5 bucks was alot to spend on a ticket anyways and you cant even pick your own final number

Wow, that didn't take long. All participating states are suspending sales of Monopoly Millionaire Club Dec-26th.

Now what happens to the Vegas tv game show?  ... will it go on?, be abbreviated?, canceled? If canceled, what will the Vegas trip winners get? ... the trip anyways with no show to attend?, cash in lieu of travel?, a guaranteed cash prize?, or get little to nothing? ... wonder if MUSL has even figured that out yet. Yikes, talk about a mess!

And it could get worse, if the "top prize" is hit. There could be states that suspend sales immediately afterwards. And while highly unlikely, it's not beyond the realm of possibility of the "top prize" being hit multiple times (there are three more drawings, as of now; subject to change). Time will tell how it plays out ... it could get very ugly for states that stay in.

Texas lottery officials may come out looking like geniuses by bailing out right away, cutting their losses. The states that remain in are wagering on no "top prize" hit, which to me seems a huge gamble for relatively little reward with far more downside risk.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - giphy11resized

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20141212/ARTICLES/141219884

"Lotteries developed the MONOPOLY MILLIONAIRES’ CLUB game concept based on feedback from players across the nation who desired a game with the potential to make many people millionaires rather than just one person winning many millions,” said Alice Garland, executive director of the N.C. Education Lottery. But sales have disappointed the participating lottery agencies, Garland said. The focus now will be on reviewing and improving the game to create one

“ truly entertaining to our players and one that they will really enjoy," Garland said."

Well that sounds promising. Maybe they are listening to the players about the issues with the game and will come back with a better game.

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
In response to ThatScaryChick

Yes, they are going to make changes. Should know exactly what in the next couple weeks.

BuyLow's avatar - fd725949c52faf3bef0a9e377747408d -iphone-wallpaper-palm-trees.jpg

Do not pass go, do not collect enough money to run in the green, LOL.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - giphy11resized
In response to LottoMetro

I really hope they are listening to players and make some good changes. The game has potential if they rework things.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg

Greed of the lotteries + greed of the players = games that flop.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg

This topic is locked.  Please do not split up conversations by creating a new thread.  You can comment on the news story already posted: https://www.lotterypost.com/news/283836

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Sat, Sep 18, 2021, 2:30 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?