OHIO Lottery Machine was Hack using Fhhl Hacking it.

Bettrah0's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-Wk54Oq2cEP6Si8flWqheSk1_bIClcGQ1dlrIzoSGrH9E

Family Lotto IMVU lottery all Imvu Detention Glory on LotteryPost the Number 653 suppose to be FALL and 543 supoose to come because they Hack the Lottery Machine ...

Hackers hack the Database in OHIO and they cannot be In JAIL, Doing that through FHHL what is being Call, HHL they cannot hack my baby imvu

++Jealous Hackers++

Kill Them

What you say man, i dont'a know but you sure be on to something.

RL

In response to Bettrah0

I don't understand what you're talking about here.  If someone HACKED into the Ohio lottery, it should be in the NEWS FORUM here on LP.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
In response to RL-RANDOMLOGIC

I think he's not on TO something....he's just ON something.

In response to rcbbuckeye

robbuckeye

Just practicing my Caribbean slang, LOL

RL

I have wondered why hackers don't target the computerized lotteries.  There is much more money to be made and less chance of getting caught.  If they knew the algorithym, they could reprogram the machine to spit out the results they wanted when they wanted them.

Why hack Target or Sony? 

If I were a hacker, I would go for the states P4 and win about $5,000 per month per state.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
In response to GASMETERGUY

The draw machines are not connected to any network. They are stand-alone machines.

California describes their procedures on their website saying:

"The automated draws machine are state-of-the-art, stand-alone computers. Two automated machines and three randomization methods are used for the daily draws. The computers hard drive cannot be opened without breaking a numbered security seal and the programs inside the computer that generate the random numbers are permanently implanted and cannot be altered."

G

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg
In response to garyo1954

Those kinds of assurances make me lol. You don't need to remove a hard drive to hack a computer and a program could easily bypass that hardcoded rng -- just by not calling it. The Iranians who had their nuclear power plants taken down had stand-alone computers too.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
In response to Todd

Good points Todd, but how would you implant the program?

New Mexico seems to go further with their security saying....

"There is no network or internet access. The system is locked into the console and stored inside a secure room with restricted access. Log-on validation is required prior to the start of the game. Once the system is powered up every keystroke is record to a secure log that cannot be altered."

I'm not even sure you could run a nuclear power plant without some type network. If one stand-alone computer went down you'd lose control of that function of the plant.

G

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
In response to GASMETERGUY

Target and Sony were probably thinking the same things before they knew they had been hacked.  The problem is most people don't know their computers have been hacked until after they start noticing problems.

In response to garyo1954

All security systems at some point have a human managing them.   A security manager may have a great 

system at work but many like to take their work home where the security may not be that good.  The tech's

that maintain the equipment come and go almost as often as the rain.  Find the person behind the throne and

start there.  Ever heard it said that mechanics cars are the least maintained.  Who wants to fix cars all day long

then come home and work on their own stuff.   Personal computers cannot be made 100% safe and if a person

wants to stay on top of everything then there won't be time to do anything else.   When computers become 100%

safe from hackers then that's when I will start worrying. 

P.S. It's not really a computer problem, it's more computer + user.

RL

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png

When I find the money for it, I get one good computer disconnected from Internet. - Some hack for sports, I could still laugh about it when the computer wasn't more than some tool to keep busy in my free time. Today you can shop and bank online. Fun is over, a computer is to be taken serious and being hacked or getting the settings set wrong by some program is no fun. ... I pay for the antiviral and firewall program. A computer is an expensive tool that consumes your money. I liked those years without phone, tv and computer. Just consider the savings!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg
In response to garyo1954

There are lots of ways of getting malware onto a computer that does not involve a network.  Again, it makes no matter if they record keystrokes or not.  That is smoke and mirrors.  Malware does not spread through keystrokes.  Statements like that are made as if technology has not advanced since the 1980s.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png

That reminds me eastereggs coming with software.

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Sun, Sep 19, 2021, 9:06 pm

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?