Garbage Man

i just recently starting working as a garbage man and am finding many scratchers in the trash.
A few of them were incompletely scratched and I found out to be winners.
Since then i have found a few winners that have been discarded.

Is it possible to redeem a winning scratcher twice?

So far I've tried a few found winners, but am concerned about the day 
I try one thats already been paid out.

Will the clerk say its already been paid out, or could I be getting into trouble by redeeming twice?

What do the retailers do with paid out scratchers? I see some in the trash with a pay out voucher/reciept stapled,
and then i also see many that are ripped in half.

Just curious and absolutely no accusations, but is there a stated policy about finding / taking things from the garbage? I ask because there are other lottery stories about dumpster divers and people taking tickets out of someone else's waste paper baskets and ending up in court.

A lot of states have scanners on scratcher vending machines or scanning devices where they put all the bubble forms rather than only at the check out counter.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy

Congratulations on your New JOB!!Dance

Artist77's avatar - batman14

Just say "Hey I found these at home and can't remember if I cashed them or not? Could you double check them?"

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

Everything nowadays is recycled, so I'd call this job a Recycling Manager.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg

Illinois scratchers say "Please recycle" on them.

In response to mrdoejohn

Step 1: Prove to anyone who questions you with copies of the official documents proving you are a garbage man.

Step 2: Take pictures of some of the tickets that you encounter, winners and losers. The pics will also have date-marks proving your justification. 

The laws against this in some states applies to the few in the general population who are actively going through people's garbage for profit. You can easily prove your point If you do your homework and think of solutions, stimulate the mind man...Green laugh

In response to mrdoejohn

Is it possible to redeem a winning scratcher twice?

No, each ticket gets paid out just once.

Will the clerk say its already been paid out, or could I be getting into trouble by redeeming twice?

You should not get into trouble by trying to redeem twice as far as I know, just be polite and don't try to force the clerk to pay you.

The clerk will say its already been paid out.

What do the retailers do with paid out scratchers? I see some in the trash with a pay out voucher/reciept stapled,
and then i also see many that are ripped in half.

They do that:

Some in the trash with a pay out voucher/reciept.

Many that are ripped in half.

Keep on doing just as you say that you are doing and don't worry too much.

Just be polite and don't try to force things.

And sometimes say "Sorry I didn't know that it was already paid out".

Don't always go to the same store nor to the same clerk, rotate stores and clerks as much as possible.

Good luck!

parkerdog48's avatar - butterfly2

i get tickets out of the trash all the time at gas stations to collect points for the mo lottery i find winners all the time if it has allready been redeemed they just tell me it has allready been redeemed no big deal. on the other hand i have cashed in as high as a $50 winner and get an average of $30 per week out of the trash. happy hunting

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
In response to parkerdog48

You average $30 per week? That's $1,500 a year  Cool

Most heavy hitters are lucky to win $1,000 in the lottery  every two years so you're going in the right direction.

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Mon, Sep 20, 2021, 6:11 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?