logistic mapping

Has anyone applied logistic mapping to their lottery research?

If so, what is it? 

How might it apply to randomness?

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png

How is logistic mapping done?

In response to SergeM

At this point in time, I do not know.  I was thinking one of our math heads could give me a "Logistic mapping for Dummies" answer before I delve further into the concept.

I suppose there is no hope but to search the internet.  WIKI here I come.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Perhaps this thread will help you: https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/197150

In response to MillionsWanted

Stupid people do stupid things and you can count me as a member of this group.

I saw that thread but when I saw "RNG" I went elsewhere.  Now that you supplied a suggestion I went back and read most of it.  While the discussion was not what I was expecting, I must say the topics are interesting.

Thanks for the suggestion.  May your numbers hit (unless they match mine.  Then they better not hit).

In response to GASMETERGUY

Pierre François Verhulst (28 October 1804, Brussels– 15 February 1849, Brussels) was a  mathematician and a doctor in number theory from the University of Ghent (Gent) in 1825.

(1)\qquad x_{n+1} = r x_n (1-x_n)

In response to SergeM

I saw the equation before but not in context with logistic mapping.  It was applied more to population increase/decrease. 

So.......

If we were to substitute the first digit of any 5/39 lottery drawing for X and did some iterations, would the next drawing's first digit be found within, say, the first five iteration? 

I will have to program this into the computer and see just how many iterations must be performed before there was a match between the two drawings.

I had this in algebra, but it was about algorithms there. I won't look it up.

One has to see practical applications to understand what is meant.

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Mon, Sep 20, 2021, 6:17 pm

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?