No textNo textNo text

Lets Talk Scratchers Again...

LottoMomma's avatar - strawberry
LottoMomma

How do you buy your scratch off tickets?

One off each roll (game in the rack) or a run of a few tickets off a roll?

The color or attraction or the ticket?

Are there ones you stay away from like bingo or crossworld or more attracted too?

Only a certain denomination?

Trying to find out if there is a good strategy or method to the madness?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

LottoMomma

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
helpmewin

I like to get them from the lottery machine

mikeintexas's avatar - h87TsB4
mikeintexas

I buy mine at the pkg. store where I get my lottery tickets. I don't always get them when I buy lottery tickets, but I usually get two drawings for ea.  of the three lotteries (PB, MM and TX) with the Extra/multiplier and that costs me $14.  I get a Weekly Grand, a Break the Bank, both $2 tickets w/ large prizes and I usually get a Half-Weekly Grand f/ a buck and get the clerk to pick me out another dollar scratcher to make it $20 even.  I don't have a lot of luck on them, but the ticket I have picked out for me is a winner half the time, usually not much, mostly just a dollar, but at least I break even on it.

I really dislike the bingo types and stay away from the higher priced ones, never had any luck w/ them.

LottoMomma

I have heard alot of winners have come from these machines?  That they pay better than the store tickets over the counter and there was a reason why but I can't remember at the moment! LOL

LM

LottoMomma

I have found I do better to buy either the 1st couple of tickets on a new roll or the last couple of tickets on a roll.. so I try to buy roll ends whenver possible and have done pretty good with that strategy than just buying random tickets mid roll?  I got a $200 win on a $20 once by buying the last ticket and then won $65 on two $10 tickets that were the last two on a roll too. 

Have you ever thought of trying that? 

LM

onlymoney
In response to LottoMomma

How do you buy your scratch off tickets?

I exchange money for them.

Big Grin

LottoMomma

Funny.. HAHA.. now seriously.. do you play them?

mrcraft's avatar - waveform
mrcraft

As far as buying the beginning or end of rolls, I've had mixed results.  Recently, I bought the last four $5 tickets from the roll.  I thought I was at least going to get something back like a free ticket or $6.  Nothing!

I mostly stick to my one ticket per store or roll on a given day.  For me, my return is better than when I buy 3-5 sequential tickets.  It's nice to see consecutive wins or a win, but I've seen way too many long stretches of consecutive losers, even on our high denomination games.

CDanaT's avatar - Nolz june15.jpg
CDanaT

Go to the website in your state, look at the scratchoff lists, look up the amount you want to spend on a ticket, lets say $5, find the ones in the $5 bracket and see which ones have the most remaining prizes............
<scratching head> drive to the store would be logical... Well, you go up to the counter and tell the clerk you want a $5 or 10 or 20 scratchoff

I like the $10 or $20 dollar scratchers because I usually do much better with those.

Patriot

P.S.  after you buy it, the directions are on front

Don't buy a ticket on the end of a roll and see if anyone else just bought a ticket ahead of you or ask the clerk if they have any recent winners onthe tickets you are going to purchase

LottoMomma

OUCH.. that hurts.. I hate when that happens... to buy sequential tickets and no winner! bummer.  I had recently had a crossword scratcher where all I needed was two letters and I would have had every word on the ticket and only  10 of the words needed would have paid $10K.. I couldn't believe it!  I have never had a ticket so close and not be a winner of some type.. I was just missing like "E" and "S".  Pitiful!

LM

onlymoney

i don't play them. I don't want any restraining orders against me. lol

onlymoney

All this scratching is making me itch. I think I got the heebee Geebies.

LottoMomma

Naw.... I am just getting to ya! LOL  I do that to people sometimes. 

LM

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
maringoman

My scratch off ticket days are behind me. However when I played on the regular I noticed that I rarely won when I bought only one ticket. My winners seemed to be at least 3 tickets deep.
Nowadays I avoid them because I know how addictive they can be. You can scratch away $100 in less that 15 minutes Angry
Also scratch off tickets top prize distribution is not random.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Lucky Loser

I've always thought that scratchers are pretty cool, epecially when the odds are taken into account and you're lookin for a return at some point. It's much harder to win anything with MM's and PB...if at all. Scratch off's routinely give back $5, $10, & $20 when you get that right one. The higher cost tickets do pay off much better and more frequently as mentioned above. Personally, I haven't bought any in at least two years but, that'll change this year. There's just something very cool and exciting about quite possibly scratchin' off a few thousand dollars...$1M even!

L.L.

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?