No textNo textNo text

How to code a lotto program and best programs for lotto programming.

Igamble's avatar - spider
Igamble

I was in a coding quest for a JP chart that finally loks like is done  and since that was some  headache i thought of opening a discusion about best programs for Lotto coding .I realize virtually 0.0003% of users on LP have no interest in this but i do b/c it has to do with me playing the lottery and wining more and getting better at it .All the others  can play their birthdays and  add/substract all they want ....

martor854

Hi Igamble,

I use QBasic to do all my programming for lotto. It is good enough for an amateur like me. It comes with MS-DOS and older versions of Windows. I use it to check things I notice over the database and/or generate/filter sets of combinations with numbers I input. Nothing random, only the numbers select using other methods. Hope it helps.

Regards,

martor854

Igamble
In response to martor854

thanks !what's something similar for mac ? i see a lot of this programs are written for windows only...

martor854

You will find good info here:

http://www.nicholson.com/rhn/basic/

Igamble
In response to martor854

thanks mate Cheers

GASMETERGUY

A few posters here think Excel is the best tool for tracking lotto numbers.  Do you have Excel?

SkyLine69

I use excel.  It does everything I need

Igamble
In response to GASMETERGUY

I  just started and i have a mac , so i use oppenoffice which has some difference compare to excel but in the end it does the same thing.

omiller315
In response to martor854

Martor. You brought back flashbacks. I use to use Qbasic in high school and loved it. I then went to Visual Basic. It is the same type of code, just more Visual with forms and such. VBA(Visual Basic for Applications) is used in Excel. I think if you know QBasic and the logic of variables, loops and if/then statements, you should be able to incorporate VBA into Excel and really make Excel powerful(which Excel already is without VBA)

IGamble. Open Office equivalent of Excel is pretty decent. The only thing that is lacks is VBA and the ability to add Macros. I tried a few of mine and they never worked. I still think learning Excel/Open Office will really help you get a good grasp on systems and patterns. I know on Amazon you can get VBA and Excel for dummies books if you really want to expand what you can do with either when it comes to the lottery.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
SergeM

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Migration_Guide/Calc_and_Excel

I saw a version of Open Office a few years ago on Linux I believe, and it was programmable, as I tried it in the second hand shop. They recycled old pc's installing Linux and Open Office. I suppose that MS is standard. There is Excel for Mac too and it had a good reputation.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT
MillionsWanted

Here's a list of free office alternatives:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/best-microsoft-office-alternatives/

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
RJOh
In response to martor854

How do you plan to use your programs once you upgrade beyond Windows XP?  Windows XP is the last version of Windows that can run MS-DOS programs without a emulator program like DosBox.

All my programs are written using GW-Basic but I still have a XP computer by HP that's over 10 years old.  I'm thinking about learning Visual Basic, Liberty Basic or some other that will run in Windows 8 and rewriting them.

mmx1's avatar - 8ball
mmx1

Microsoft Visual studio Express is free and the best.

C# language.

phileight
In response to RJOh

RJOH I used gwbasic for many years. Excel's  VBA uses essentially the same code as gwbasic.  a few syntax differences and how to reference a location on the display and you can be up and running.  saving your Gwbasic file as a text file you can them copy and paste into a VBA macro, edit as needed.  check out gasmeterguy blog on how to get started.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
RJOh
In response to phileight

I've heard good things about Excel but never brought a copy or learned to use it.  I like the idea of having  stand alone programs that don't require knowledge about another program.  All my GWBasic programs have been complied using a QBasic complier.

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?