No textNo textNo text

Poll: The Lottery Post Auto-Refresh

sfilippo's avatar - skull
sfilippo

I like to work with the Stats pages and History pages, and find that the Auto-Refresh interrupts what I'm doing.

I'd prefer to have the option to turn off the Auto-Refresh globally in my Control Panel.

Please vote so Todd can see whether this additonal option is worth his programming time.

Thanks!

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
Shawn67

I personally would probably leave it on for the most part, but I think it would be a good addition to have, especially for some of you Gold and Platinum members who probably are better able to utilize the stats here.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
truecritic

I think most people know where the refresh button is, if they want to refresh a page.  Seems like a waste of bandwidth to me.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT
MillionsWanted

Auto-Refresh is great on the forum so you can see that there is new posts in a thread. Perhaps it should be possible to turn of Auto-Refresh on pages which requires that you fill out forms. If a page auto-refresh when you write something it might dissappear.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

<Moved to Suggestions forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd
In response to MillionsWanted

There is no auto-refresh on any page that has text input, so you never lose anything you enter because of an auto-refresh.

Raven62's avatar - binary
Raven62
In response to sfilippo

I know what you mean Steve: I'll be viewing the Pick 3/Pick 4 Results Page and along comes a Auto-Refresh (every 5-minutes) to interrupt what I'm doing (for the length of time it takes for the Refresh to Complete): If the Refresh was due to a new result or an updated result that would be one thing, but it's not, it's a refresh just for the sake of it.

sfilippo
In response to Raven62

I should mention the positive points of Auto-Refresh. It's a necessity when players are waiting for lottery results to arrive to the pages.

It would be nice, though, to disable it at times for other purposes.

Todd, your site is FANTASTIC with all the new fixes and add-ons.

It is definitely the new MySpace for lottery players!

Raven62's avatar - binary
Raven62
In response to sfilippo

Either way the Results pages should be changed to Auto-Refresh Every 5-Minutes only if their are New or Updated Results to be Displayed.

What is the length of time you are interrupted by the Auto-Refresh?

PS: I may be wrong, but I think Lottery Post Existed before MySpace....

sfilippo

Maybe a timer option is more suitable.

Every 5 minutes - 15 minutes - half hour - hourly - or off.

I don't know the exact interval of auto-refresh when I'm looking at stats or history, but usually, I have scrolled down to the bottom of a page to view it and then the page decides to reload and next thing I know, I'm looking at the top of the page.

I'm not sure who came first, Tom of MySpace or Todd of Lottery Post, but what we have here at Lottery Post is very very good.

The point being, Todd just installed and fixed a whole lot of stuff here, and I don't want to sound ungrateful by adding such a topic so soon after much hard work and many great improvements.

It's just something to consider down the road...

BevsPicks2

I voted yes...great idea...a toggle switch

JADELottery's avatar - AMeOn 02.png
JADELottery

I voted yes.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
justxploring

As Todd wrote, you won't lose a post so it doesn't matter to me. 

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?