No textNo textNo text

do you have one place you consider lucky where you play lottery?

LOTTOMIKE

do you have one place you consider lucky where you play lottery?

i used to play this one particular mom and pop store where i always seemed to have special luck.don't go there much now due to the draw changes here but that store was special to me at one time.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
OldSchoolPa

I usually purchase my MM tickets at this small convenience store near my home because the lady and gentleman who run it enjoy serving lottery players.  So it would be nice if I could win the jackpot having purchased a ticket from their store.  When I play the lottery in other states, it really is just a matter of convenience...who sells lottery tickets and can I purchase one before the next draw.

MaddMike51

Not really.My wife generaly picks up our Powerball tickets when she buys grocerys.We used to always pick up our Mega Millions tickets at a gas station across the river in Illinois,but the owner died and they closed.Now we go to the other gas station that sells lottery tickets in the same small town.Buying the tickets is more a matter of convenience than feeling like one store is luckier than another.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - pI8lWzJ
ThatScaryChick

Nope. I have 3 or 4 stores that I tend buy my tickets from, but I don't think one is luckier then the next.

four4me's avatar - gate1
four4me

The only thing that matters is if you played the right number. Or numbers. Lots of people are superstitious though. If you feel luckier playing at your favorite place then do so otherwise see below.

manofmany

I always use to play at the local Speedway until recently an employee said "Thanks for your money!" Now I got wherever is convienent.

Stack47
In response to LOTTOMIKE

I've been in one of those "wins some, lose some" streaks so I can't say I'm unlucky because of where I buy my tickets and I sure would like to find a store where I could win a lot more than I lose. I played at one of those stores too, but mom and pop decided to retire and moved to Florida.

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
dphillips

About 99% of the time, I go to my local 711 to purchase my tickets. Occasionally, like this morning, I will go off the beaten path and go to another store, not another 711.  In fact, this is the store where I asked the guy: "has anyone ever won here?"  He replied, "yes, a guy won $5,000.00 and he didn't give me anything!" So my reply was: "does he still come in here for more tickets?" The retailer said, "yes, he still comes!"

Now, that's an interesting dialogue between store retailer and lottery customer. I thought to myself -- why does the customer have to give him anything -- it's not required. Oh, well, there are some ungrateful retailers who expect something.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Coin Toss

There used to be one for me, an Amoco station. I cashed more tickets there than anywhere, and it also carried the USA Today Baseball Weekly, and a financial paper that I read- but it got torn down.

Bang Head

player345's avatar - hani
player345

Our neighborhood Wilson Farms Store has been very lucky for me.  I won $1,000 on a scratch-off, $660.00 on a 3 digit in which two tickets  spat  out at one time.....still a mystery to us how that happened as I only had checked the box for the number and the amount.  There were no midday draws then.  I have won several 3 digits straight there and 4 digits in the box only until this year in January I had two tickets straight  on a 4 digit.  I played it and my husband went back and played the number again at the same store thinking I had forgotten to play the number.   

player345

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png
mylollipop

Yes, as a matter of fact I do now.  Besides, their terminals are the last to close (that is how I got there in the first place).  The clerks so far, appear to be more honest and professional.  I like the place and I have gone there exclusively for the last three months and win there!Hyper

Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5512
Vergie6

I go to one grocery store and 3 convenient stores mostly.  The grocery store and one of the convenient stores are close by and the other 2 are on the way to work depending on which route I take. 

I win more at the grocery store in scratch tickets.....BUT.....I went to one of the convenient stores a "Sheetz" store this morning and bought 5 two dollar tickets and won 67.00 on 4 of them combined......40.00 on one, 20.00 one one, 3.00 one one and 4.00 on one so "dang" I sort of think that is a lucky store now. 

I was buying 10 dollar scratch cards in hopes of winning a million but found out I'm winning more on these 2 dollar cards so stop buying them.

Pick 3 starts tomorrow here in NC with 2 drawings a day......yippee!.....I love pick 3!...you better believe I have plenty of tickets for it.

JustFrozen's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
JustFrozen

there's 3 places I usually go to, and oddly enough, the amount of winnings i get happens to equal the order of satisfication with the establishment. not because they give me winning tickets, but because their clerk is more respectful and friendly than the others. so ya, that place i like the most, i consider it to be a lucky place

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?