No textNo textNo text

-Maximum 5-

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
rubberbandman

What's the maximum you can win in pick 5?

Texas MadMan

In Texas, the cash 5 jackpot varies from about $10,000 to $30,000.  Texas 2 Step, which is a pick 4 + a bonus ball has a rolling jackpot that starts at $200,000, but that's not a true "pick 5".

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
rubberbandman
In response to Texas MadMan

thanks

JustFrozen's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
JustFrozen

From what I read the TX Cash 5 has 37 numbers to pick from. The CA Fantasy 5 has a pool of 39 numbers to pick from and starts at $50k. It often climbs over a few hundred thousand. In the couple months I've been tracking it, I think I've seen it pass $400k at least twice. Does 2 numbers really make a difference or does TX have special multipliers like they do for other games?

Texas MadMan
In response to JustFrozen

There aren't any multipliers for Texas Cash 5 and it's not a rolling jackpot.  First prize payout depends on sales and the number of winners, but the largest I have seen since I started watching it is about $27,000.

Stack47
In response to rubberbandman

In the rolling cash games there is no maximum.  Go to state results, left click on the game, then game information. Click on jackpot history and you'll see the record high payout and average payout of the game.

JustFrozen's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
JustFrozen

So basically, it could be high but never is because enough people don't play? It never rolls over?  I just don't understand why ours would start at 50k and rollover with +50k each non-winning night and yours would only have its highest payouts in the low ten thousands. Do you still have to hit all 5 to win? Maybe it's the population difference?

zxchris

They changed the amount of numbers to win.  2001 and prior you would have had to get 3 of 5 to win something. Starting in 2002 they started paying out for 2 numbers matched and started having a drawing every night. In 2001 they introduced a new game Texas 2 step so less people played cash 5. Then in 2003 they started mega millions, so more games for texans to play, thinning out the money put into each.. cash 5 specifically.

Since 'Cash 5' started the pot got lower and lower each year, on average. Now its about $27,000 jackpot, sometimes it gets up to $30,000. Also, there are about 30,000 winners every night of various prize amounts.

Anyway these are just some of the things I think that may have an affect on Texas' Pick 5 game. Either way i still love it. :D its fun. I get 2 numbers often, switching between QPs and my picks. 

time*treat's avatar - radar
time*treat
In response to rubberbandman

The IL Little Lotto & Ohio Rolling Cash 5 (both 5/39) regularly get into the $100,000s.

Texas MadMan
In response to zxchris

Yeah, I like Cash 5 also.  Last night I picked 11 numbers for a 10 line wheel and got 4 out of the 5 numbers drawn.  My wheel only produced 3 of them together though.  But for $10 the total payout was $24 so not bad :)

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?