No textNo textNo text

BLOG CHANGE: Please vote on this proposed change

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Todd

I am in the process of updating the text editor in the blogs system to use the latest version of the rich text editor.

In the process of upgrading the text editor (which requires a complete rewrite of the page), I am reviewing the necessity of keeping the "Mood" & "Now Playing" entry spaces.

I have noticed for several years now that those space rarely are used, and in fact the premium blogs don't even display anything entered in them.  Myself, I can't even remember the last time I entered something in them.

So I was going to nix them, but I thought it might not be a bad idea to see what you thought first.

Is there a reason I should keep them?  Or do you think they're a waste of space?  (Again, I am trending toward getting rid of them, so if you're wishy-washy on the subject, please just give this a "yes" vote.)

Thanks for your input!

pacattack05

I used them when I first joined, but then realized that no one really cared what I was playing in the backround or what mood I was in. I'd think they'd know what mood I was in by the blog entry itself...lol

I voted yes.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
LANTERN

That has always been useless to me, better to enter a little audio into the message, at least a few words per post.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif
emilyg

Yes - remove.

spy153's avatar - maren
spy153

I personally enjoy seeing what kind of music others listen to.  You can tell alot about a person by what kind of music they listen to.  So I voted to keep them. 

I can usually tell what mood they are in by the blog, though, so that one is useless to me as well.

LOTTOMIKE

yes,remove.

sfilippo's avatar - skull
sfilippo

yes-remove

How about a "You-Tube Favorite"

ThatScaryChick's avatar - pI8lWzJ
ThatScaryChick

Yeah, I think you should remove it. IMO, It's not a big necessity.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
justxploring

I agree. 

konane's avatar - wallace
konane

Yes remove, please.  Someone can preface the body of their post by stating that information first if important to them.

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
dphillips

By all means, remove them. 

libra's avatar - chi
libra

I voted yes to remove it. I don't blog that much anyway.

Libra Dave

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg
tntea

I voted yes, however, it really doesn't bother me to have it there.  I dont read to see what kind of mood someone is in or what they are listening to at the time of the blog.

My mood doesn't change much anyway.   I am determine to be happy.Smile

budward

yes, remove. I rarely pay any attention to that.

NBey6's avatar - untitled
NBey6

I couldn't vote, because I use it 80% - 90% of the time, I do read it on others' blog when I read them, but I don't want you to have to do more work. So I guess I am saying I agree to have it removed.

I can always add it to my own blog, when you remove it, so I gave my response, but I was torn and could not vote. Smiley

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?