No textNo textNo text

How about yours?

wantmoney's avatar - chess smart.jpg
wantmoney

I have spent about $300 ($297) in lottery (only MegaMillions and PowerBall) and have won $19(M 12 and P 7).

How about yours?

Bed

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg
tntea

I have lost money in Powerball in the long run.

Lotto five averages out... 3/5 keeps you playing with their money.

Pick 3/ pick 4 one can make a profit.. Just find that golden system and stick with it.

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
gonnawinwatchme

I'm sure I've lost money in the long run in Powerball....it's the "what if" dream that keeps me playing.

Stack47
In response to wantmoney

For me it was about $200 for the year and all of that was spent when the jackpot was over $200 million. We have five lines of numbers on each ticket and it's easy to notice how many tickets don't even have a 1 number match. Without a mega ball match we have to match 3 numbers just to win 7 bucks.

The amount of the jackpot might justify buying 40 tickets but the overall odds of winning anything is 1 in 40 so in reality we should expect to have 39 losing tickets. The jackpot winners in the latest run only spent $2 playing birthday numbers. That is a playing strategy but after seeing drawing, you don't have to look at the tickets because you know the outcome. When I checked the first ticket and saw no matching numbers on 5 lines, I knew there were 7 more tickets to check so I still had a chance.

The pros and cons on having much better odds of playing more combinations has been discussed many times and maybe make a case the extra couple of minutes of anticipation adds to it. So I'll probably do it again when the jackpot gets high though it would much better if they added a small prize for matching 2 numbers.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
lottocalgal
In response to wantmoney

At one time or over a period?

I play  $30 per week.  In Super Lotto Only.  As a rule I don't play Mega Millions.  I don't like the 171million to 1 odds.  41 millions is bad enough.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Coin Toss

YTD for 2008 have spent $116 (all number games,  pick3 through 5+1) and won $3, the $3 being three $1 wins on Litle Lotto (pick 5).

On Valentine's Day my wife gave me a $2 scratcher that won $12.

Lep

wantmoney's avatar - chess smart.jpg
wantmoney
In response to gonnawinwatchme

Let us compute something:

we buy $10 PB per drawing, and there are 52 weeks per year i.e. 104 drawings per year.  Therefore $1040 per year.

We play PB 10 years, i.e.  $10400.    If you match 4+1 one time in these 10 years,  you will not lose money.  

Infact, I have never won anything in my first $200 play and my sisiter ridiculed me that what a wonder , you ought to buy lottoBang Head.  But I won $19 in later $100 (especially after chrismas).    GO ON!!   shot the jackpot  Cheers

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
justxploring

I never keep track.  I buy one Fantasy 5 ticket every night and play Lotto twice a week with 4 or 5 combinations.  I've won about $100 so far this year and a few free tickets.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - pI8lWzJ
ThatScaryChick

I've lost more then I've won so far. Especially playing Powerball.

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?