No textNo textNo text

BOOK: You're Broke Because You Want To Be

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Coin Toss

Saw this in the bookstore, it's by Larry Winget, host of Big Spender on A & E. 

Interesting stuff- I'm wondering if this isn't what happens to jackpot winners who blow it all.

And for all the fans of the Secret, in this book the author says (under What This Book Is Not):

I am also not going to tell you, "I want you to be rich", like some authors do. The reality is, it doesn't matter what they want or what I want. Until you want to be rich, nothing will change for you.  

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
bashley572
In response to Coin Toss

Ok, I am fomally asking "I want to be rich.... "

tic..tic...tic..

nothing changed !!!??? Hope you didn't pay much for that book!!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - pI8lWzJ
ThatScaryChick
In response to bashley572

Green laugh

I'm still waiting also!  

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
Omniscient
In response to ThatScaryChick

I'll get in line for that too ! Who knows, if we get enough of us in line, we can start a Conga line ! Woohoo ! Party

(closes eyes) ... "I want to be rich, I want to be rich, I want to be rich" ...(tapping my sneakers together)... Oh damn .. Not rich ..maybe I need red sneakers! Hit With Stick

MissNYC's avatar - diva
MissNYC

I'm going to be rich...I see nothing else for myself so it has to happen

pacattack05

I'm broke because the fat cats make it that way for people.

I'm broke because the economy stinks.

I'm broke because of high gas prices.

I'm broke because Employers don't pay what the workers are really worth.

Back in the 50s and 60s, people only had to work one job to have a relatively fair standard of living. These days, the Taj Mahal won't even accept U.S. currency anymore because of the lowered value of the dollar.

Did you know that China lends the U.S. billions every year just to stabalize the dollar?

US Flag

The revolution is coming. Let's all fire every single person in office, and let common and fair minded folk run this great country. Not the Illuminati, or the Bilder Bergers, or the Masons, and the Federal Reserve, which isn't even part of the government.

Puke

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
justxploring

Maybe that's my problem.  I don't want to be rich!   I guess it depends on your idea of what rich really is.  There are members here who say $50,000 a year is a lot of money and others who won't be happy until they have 10 times more.  I was recently talking to someone who was complaining about her $500,000 home and wishing she could buy a second home overlooking the ocean.  I said all I wanted was a comfortable home and no bills.  To me, that's rich. 

Side note:  One day last week I saw Suzanne Somers on Larry King Live.  He asked her opinion on the screenwriter's strike, and she brought up Three's Company.  She said the problem back then was that all the men were making much more money than she was (and most females) and mentioned John Ritter.  Then she said that Alan Alda was making over $200,000 a week.  I don't think she was as talented as John Ritter and in a million years would compare Suzanne Somers with the gifted Alan Alda (who has won dozens of awards) but she went on to say "I was making $150,000 a week and..." At that moment I had to pause.  That show aired in 1977, 30 years ago and she was making $150,000 a week and walked out?  I'm not sure what she made on that thigh master thingy - more than any of us will win in the lottery. 

So my point is, the word "rich" means so many different things to different people.  The other night I looked up the "average" sale price of houses by state/city.  Some statistics show values less than $200,000 and some are over $1M (CA of course)

justxploring

Anyone here old enough to remember the movie "The Incredible Mr. Limpet" with Don Knotts?   

He would say "I wish, I wish, I wish I were a fish."  So he then he became a fish and saved the world!

pacattack05

I remembers that movie. If I remembers correctly, when he became a fish, it was a cartoon of him because of the lack of technology back then...lol

justxploring

So, Pac, are you saying that today they would turn him into a real fish?

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
bashley572

"These days, the Taj Mahal won't even accept U.S. currency anymore because of the lowered value of the dollar." - pacattack05

So the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City is not taking the US Dollar, yea I heard they only take credit cards now!!!!

pacattack05
In response to bashley572

Ha! Good one...I meant the one in India. They used to accept U.S. currency from tourists visiting the place. I guess they charged admission for a tour.

pacattack05
In response to justxploring

Maybe five hundred years from now...lol

Even if they had the technology to do that, I think that it wouldn't hold water with most people. Mistakes do happen.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Coin Toss

From the book:

"If it's on your a** it's not an asset!" 

Wink

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg
Clairvoyance
In response to pacattack05

Pac, your post reminded me of this song! As I was reading your post this song automatically popped into my head! LOL

What do you mean,
"I don't believe in God"?
I talk to him everyday.
What do you mean,
"I don't support your system"?
I go to court when I have to.
What do you mean,
"I can't get to work on time"?
I got nothing better to do.
And, what do you mean,
"I don't pay my bills"?
Why do you think I'm broke? Huh?