What is Rich?

kinda partial to -sailing the tropics- myself  but thats just meI Agree!

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh

I think it depends on the person. Rich to one person might not be rich to someone else. To me, rich is when a person has enough money to support themself for the rest of their life without working for or receiving more money AND making sure they manage that money good enough do to so. However, not everyone who is rich is going to stop working. I can say that Bill Gates is rich(as in my own definition described), but he continues to work for his company. If I won the lottery, I might be rich, but I would probably start my own business. Starting my own business is the only way I would continue working though. I've always wanted to own my own business. The ability to be my own boss would be the one thing that would make me happy. Otherwise, I'd rather not continue working.

Being healthy is the wealth of life.....that's my opinion.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif
In response to chouquounette

I Agree!

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure

In a scene from "The Magnificent Seven" (1960) in which Charles Bronson is approached to work as a hired gun, Bronson responds, "Right now, twenty dollars is a lot. ...

The amount is all relative to the person(s) - but I wouldn't believe someone that had money in the bank, a house, 2 cars, etc; saying they aren't rich.

I certainly agree with Chou...without good health, you have absolutely nothing! Your wealth foundation starts with good health!!!  I Agree!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg

The truly rich wear common clothes and carry their treasure in their heart

-Tao Te Ching 

The poor plan for the weekend, the wealthy plan for future generations

-Unknown 

Maybe not "filthy rich", but I'd say being rich would certainly mean being able to buy what you want when you want it, paying cash for it- and rising above a paycheck to paycheck existence. 

CARBOB's avatar - ga lottery.png.gif

You hit the nail, square on the head. Nothing else comes close.

Britney's avatar - melissa sool.png

I knew a lady that was rich.  She told me that the best thing about being rich was the ability to go into a nice clothing store and look at their best dresses and not have to look at the price tag!

Brit

four4me's avatar - gate1

If one achieves success in life they would be comfortably wealthy.

Get a good education find a job you love to do and everything should fall into place

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif

Being healthy enough to do whatever you want.

fwlawrence's avatar - Yavill

I had a cousin who did that, but she wasn't rich!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg
In response to codmander

kinda partial>>>>>sailing the tropic's TOO>>

but, voted Discard my VOTE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

RICH is being the Lottery

Director of a state game comm.

TELL the Gov if you really like RNG!!!!!!

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg

Being healthy is the ultimate rich, as far as cash goes 100 million is rich for real

justxploring's avatar - villiarna

Being healthy is my number 1 choice.  I can't imagine trading good health for money.   However, money is important too. If you are not rich, no matter how healthy you are, you can get sick some day and then you'll need lots of money! 

I disagree with TrueCritic, but I don't want to get into a long argument.  If 2 people own a home and have 2 cars in the garage and a little money in the bank, but they work long hours to pay the bills and save for retirement, they're not exactly rich by any standards. If I had those things, I'd be grateful of course, but rich? No way. When you need to work for a living and can lose everything you have if your job is eliminated, that's far from being wealthy.  There are plenty of people in FL who were getting along just fine and then the taxes and insurance rates went through the roof or they lost their health insurance at work or lost their jobs.  Now they're struggling to make ends meet and there are For Sale signs everywhere.  I wouldn't call those people "rich."

Sorry - I said wasn't going to post a long answer and then I did. 

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Fri, May 27, 2022, 8:05 pm

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?