Hoosier Lotto

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh

Well, Hoosier Lotto is at $44.5M and with PowerBall reset to $15M, I'll be taking the $6 I won on PowerBall, adding $5 and buy $11 worth of Hoosier Lotto tickets. Hoosier Lotto is almost 12 times easier to win than PowerBall. Hoosier Lotto jackpot odds are 1 : 12,271,512 compared to PowerBall's 1 : 146,107,962. The cash option is probably around $26M about now as well compared to $7M for PowerBall. Higher and easier to win. Hope I win.Big Smile

Since Hoosier Lotto is at a record level, I wonder if there is going to be a press conference at the store that sold the ticket. If so, I'm gonna show up at the store during the press conference if I win. I think I got some lucky tickets.Big Grin

Did someone win the Hoosier Lotto jackpot or did it roll?

In response to Just6ntlc

It rolled. It's now at $45M.

Wow. When does Hoosier Lotto draw its game?

In response to Just6ntlc

From the Hoosier Lottery website:

Evening Cut-off Time 10:40 p.m. Wednesday & Saturday

Drawing Time Daily games, Lucky 5, Mix & Match and Hoosier Lotto drawings are conducted as soon as possible, but not more than 10 minutes after the ticket sales cut-off time.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk

Hoosier Lotto (6/48) game does seem do have a different distribution of its numbers than other similar games, the distribution seems to be more even as if a computer is controlling them.

11175    09/05/07  19 20 24 30 41 45    MIN. 1
  4 ----------------------------------------
  61169  5 08/15/07  14 17 20 39 43 47      1*
  5 ----------------------------------------
  91166  6 08/04/07  01 03 06 20 37 38      1
  171158  9 07/07/07  20 24 36 43 44 45      3*
  6 ----------------------------------------
  1/ 1    2/ 1    3/ 5    4/ 5    5/ 6    9/17

The next time I come to Indiana to play PowerBall, if it's still rolling I plan to play it too.  I will use my computer to pick some combinations with a similar distribution of numbers. 

This weekend, it has the largest jackpot in the country so there are probably others heading to Indiana with the same idea.  I doubt if it will keep rolling until the PB jackpot is high enough for me to take a trip to Indiana, but I will be ready if it does.

In response to RJOh

Those draw dates aren't consecutive. The distribution looks fine to me.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
In response to Guru101

The drawings aren't meant to be consecutive, they show the minimum previous drawings that involved all six numbers of the last drawings. 

The numbers are fine but I use the green numbers at the bottom that have the number of the draw that had the numbers and the counts of the hits at the time to formulate combinations to play in future drawings. 

When I've looked at the last 50 or so drawings of WVa Cash25 and Ohio Classic Lotto I've seen clusters of events happening at particular times and I don't see that with Indiana Lotto. It's something I've been playing around with and I plan to try it out with the Indiana Lotto the next time I'm over there. 

Did it roll? Thanks for the information that Hoosier Lotto draws the same days as CA SLP and PB.

In response to RJOh

Well, to each his own. We all have our own ways of picking numbers. If it works for you, then go for it.

In response to Just6ntlc

Yep, it rolled. $46M annuity and the cash option is about $28M.

What is the starting jackpot in Hoosier Lotto?

In response to Just6ntlc

$1,000,000. The first 2 draws, the jackpot stays at $1,000,000, then it increases by $500,000 each time it rolls.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
In response to Guru101

I did get a match4 with Classic Lotto on the prediction board with 10 lines this weekend after adding an index feature that acts as a filter.  WVa Cash25 with a pool of only 25 numbers didn't need it but Classic Lotto has 49 numbers and could use the additional help to make winning more affordable.

I may start testing the Hoosier Lotto by adding it to the list of games I predict and see what happens.

Last5Show page 3Page 4 of 11

Haha you think out of the 1.5 million tickets (roughly 250k free plays were rewarded and the odds are about 1 in 7 to win a free play ticket, which equals 1.75 mil but we will say 1.5 million since there were so many low numbers) .  about 350k of them are duplicated combinations  ?? With that logic when these state lottos are hit there would be a lot more multiple winners in state lotteries. Listen this is probably a huge coincidence but the chances of this lotto having rolled 100 times is mind boggling.  The Hoosier lottery has taken many hits for its ineptitude and fraud, and with what we hear about RNG's these days it makes you wonder. I am not a conspiracy guy but somehow they got to make up all the lost income they lost with their dopey hoosier raffle!  And when these low birthday numbers show up and no one has the combinations after all this time it is just wacky.  Thanks for the insight though that you need to have 6 numbers to win the jackpot. I was about ready to drive to indianapolis with my 4 out of 6 ticket. 

In response to qutgnt

It's already been determined mathematically that it is possible for this game to roll as many times as it has. I've already posted the explanation several times in other threads so I'm not going to bother here. Also, you haven't given the source that SPECIFICALLY and OFFICIALLY states that 1.5 million(non-free) tickets were sold. Also keep in mind that I used the phrase "closer to 9%", I didn't say that the number of combinations sold were PRECISELY 9%. You should have been able to figure that out. Come on man, this is a message board. As far as any type of malice by the Hoosier Lottery that you're refering to, none of the information you're giving is credibal. You're just rambling. The fact is: You don't know what the sales figures are, therefore you cannot sufficiently say that there are non-legitimate actions occuring on part by the Hoosier Lottery. I would like this thread to discuss a jackpot game, not conspiracies about pariticular lotteries.&

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk

Using the odds and number of winners for the last drawing, I calculate the total number of tickets were ~2,300,000 - 3% free ones =~2,231,000 sold
254637 (free tickets) X odds of 1:7.31 = ~ 1,858,850 tickets
57 (5/6) X odds of 1:48,696 = ~2,775,672 tickets

I wouldnt use the 5 out of 6 multiple since they were all birthday numbers and that usually means more winners at that level.  I would say roughly 1.8-2.0 million combinations were out there for that roll. And consisently for the last few months I would say about 1.5-1.8 million combos per roll were out there.  So the chances have been about 1 in 7 or 1 in 8 that each roll the lotto would get hit.  And here we are almost 100 rolls later that it hasnt. Not impossible that it hasnt but pretty amazing none the less. I think Saturday will finally be the day as it hits that pyschologically magical 50 million mark. If ever there was a time for a syndicate to scoop up all the combos this would be it! 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
In response to qutgnt

Can a syndicate get enough terminal time to play all the possible combo?  After  a  syndicate took over three seven-elven terminals in Virgina a few years ago and won its jackpot most states created rules to make it impossible for that to happen again.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
Estimated Jackpots:
  Hoosier Lotto -$50 Million
  Powerball -$15 Million
  Next Drawing: 10/6/2007

And it continues to roll

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
In response to qutgnt

All one has to do is just check the 0 straight winners everyday on the pic 4 and it becomes obvious. Oh yeah, check those big pic 3 payouts. Does someone have the time to go back 1 year and see how many straight pic3 and 4 winners they have had all year; the message is in the stats. Who know, it wouldnt surprise me to see this go for 3 years--no kidding.

50 mil i'm gonna go half quick pick and half my numbers saturday is the night it ends

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
In response to LosingJeff

For 10/03/2007
Daily 3 Evening 65 straight
Daily 3 Midday 16 straight
Daily 4 Evening 5 straight
Daily 4 Midday 0 straight

Just check one day and multiply the results by 365 days and you'll be close.
 pick3=365 x 81
 pick4=365 x 4

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
In response to smooththaboss

I was going to try that for real with $100 until I tried it on paper and lost.  I would have won 20 free tickets and a few dollars but not enough to travel back to Indiana to play again.

I have been saying all along this will get hit once it hits $50 million.  I mean those pick 3 and pick 4 stats are horrible. This RNG is obviously working hard to get the lottery director their bonus for the year.  We are all suckers to keep playing this garbage.

In response to qutgnt

Even if it does get hit at $50M, so what? Somebody got lucky and had all 6 numbers. Also, I already said in my previous post that it is possible for this game to roll as many times as it has regardless of any outside intervention, so the whole "the RNG is working hard to get the lottery director her bonus" statement isn't very credibal. If you want to consider yourself a sucker, then by all means do so. I'm just a guy playing the lottery. Also, if you're going to bash a lottery, not to mention one held by the state you're not even living in, then it's going to take a lot more than rambling and a smorgasborg of kiddy excuses to convince its players not to play. It comes down to this simple fact: You DON'T know what the sales figures are, therefore you CAN'T make the judgment of whether or not a game is being properly held. Geez people, either play the game or not, it's game for God's sake. Stop making up conspiracies for something so small and simple.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
In response to RJOh

RJ with the way this thing is going, if you had actually put your numbers in play, the outcome would have been different. I tell this to people when we play computerized keno, they say: "oh my gosh there are my numbers!" and I say "if you had played them they would have never shown."

I also think qutgnt may be right this thing may get hit at $50M, with a quick pick bought somewhere near South Bend,  nice round numbers.  I would buy qp's half and half. GLTAIAAI. (GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN AND AROUND INDIANA.)

Go Irish!

business is picking up now the news about the lotto is hitting the news on every channell it's gonna get hit this saturday i'm tryna think of some awkward gas stations outside of indianapolis or the outskirts to buy a couple tickets and i'll buy some in indianapolis too though

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
In response to jarasan

If those numbers had won, I would have been wishing I had played them but fortunately that happens very rarely, 98% of the times I don't play, I save money.

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Mon, Mar 8, 2021, 9:37 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?