betslips odds help

on betslips it says you have lower odds.

MatchPrizeOddsYour Odds
at Betslips.com
5 Numbers + Mega BallJackpot1 in 175,711,5361 in 35,142,307

Your Odds based upon minimum play of 5 tickets at Betslips.com.  Odds of winning become greater as you play additional tickets.

it looks like they just divided the odds by 5. so if I buy 10 tickets my odds are 17,571,153. is this right, it don't seem right to me.  shouldn't you minus 5 from the total.

how do they get their odds?

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg

Yes, that's right.  If you buy 10 tickets, you can mathematically divide the odds of winning by 10 to get your odds of winning.

Think of it this way:  if you buy 175,711,536 tickets, your odds of winning are 1 in 1, right?  (You'll always have a winner.)  You get that 1 in 1 figure by dividing the odds (175,711,536) by the number of tickets bought (175,711,536), or 175,711,536 / 175,711,536 = 1.

Same thing applies to buying 10 tickets.  175,711,536 / 10 = 17,571,153.6 - so the odds of winning the jackpot after buying 10 tickets is 1 in 17,571,153.6.

That's strange, I always thought that the amount of tickets bought reduces the odds down, only by that amount bought.

So for simplicity sake, if the odds were 100 to 1, and I bought 10 tickets, the odds of winning have now become 90 to 1. Not any less.

No?

one to one or

1=1 is is if you bought all the tickets differently  and you have the jackpot

if you repeated a numer line you wont get it

am i right

renato

number line

renato /

That's strange, I always thought that the amount of tickets bought reduces the odds down, only by that amount bought.

So for simplicity sake, if the odds were 100 to 1, and I bought 10 tickets, the odds of winning have now become 90 to 1. Not any less.

No?

No, that's not correct.

one to one or

1=1 is is if you bought all the tickets differently  and you have the jackpot

if you repeated a numer line you wont get it

am i right

renato

I can't understand what you're saying.

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37

The great odds debate....haha

Brad

The great odds debate....haha

Brad

I agree, and I don't really enjoy these discussions too much, because this is pure mathematics, and there really is only one answer.  When there is lengthy "debate" on the topic of odds, it usually means that one side is correctly quoting the appropriate mathematics, and the other side is giving their feelings about how buying more tickets really doesn't lower the odds that much because it's still really hard to win.  We've had the debate many times before.

Let me get this straight.....

If the odds are 1 in 10, and I buy 1 ticket, the odds are now 1 in 9 right?

If the odds are a million to one, and I buy one ticket, the odds are now, nine hundred-ninety-nine-thousand-nine-hundred-and-ninety-nine? Right?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk

If the odds are a million to one, and I buy one ticket, the odds are now, nine hundred-ninety-nine-thousand-nine-hundred-and-ninety-nine? Right?

No. if the odds are a million to one and you buy one ticket your odds of winning is still a million to one unless you buy  another ticket.  Before you bought the first ticket, your odds of winning was zero.

No. if the odds are a million to one and you buy one ticket your odds of winning is still a million to one unless you buy  another ticket.  Before you bought the first ticket, your odds of winning was zero.

OK    technical.....

If I buy two tiks....

if i buy one million tickets what are the odds of me winning in mega?

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure

Here is one of the previous threads

odds are reduced

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/129082

...and here is another

STOP that noise !!

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/129273

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Tue, Oct 19, 2021, 3:43 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?