Games People Play

Just wondering what lottery games everyone plays. Generally I will play any game which is not computerized and the drawing is broadcast live. For the national games, I play Powerball only in Delaware because I live there and Mega Millions in either NJ or MD depending on where I wind up (I will occasionally play MM in NY if I am visiting family for longer periods of time).

Here's my state-by-state listing:

DE - Only Powerball (all others computerized)

PA - All but Middays (computerized) and Powerball

NJ - All

MD - All

DC - None due to computerized drawings.

VA - All but Cash 5 night (they dont show the actual drawing on the broadcast) and Mega Millions. Also I finally got around to buying a 26 week Win for Life ticket.

NY - All except Mega Millions

FL - All when visiting

Recently also got to WV and bought a Cash 25 ticket plus some scratchers.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

ga. evening only - cash 3 and 4    fantasy five

Just wondering what lottery games everyone plays. Generally I will play any game which is not computerized and the drawing is broadcast live. For the national games, I play Powerball only in Delaware because I live there and Mega Millions in either NJ or MD depending on where I wind up (I will occasionally play MM in NY if I am visiting family for longer periods of time).

Here's my state-by-state listing:

DE - Only Powerball (all others computerized)

PA - All but Middays (computerized) and Powerball

NJ - All

MD - All

DC - None due to computerized drawings.

VA - All but Cash 5 night (they dont show the actual drawing on the broadcast) and Mega Millions. Also I finally got around to buying a 26 week Win for Life ticket.

NY - All except Mega Millions

FL - All when visiting

Recently also got to WV and bought a Cash 25 ticket plus some scratchers.

PA-Boycott Unlucky for Life (no cash option)

VA-Boycott Lose for Life (while VA does have a cash option, it's only 520k when it should be at least 750k)

NY-Rotto is the biggest ripoff of any US lottery game (payout only 38%-40%)

FL-No red flags. But there are yellow flags if you hit Florida Lotto or Mega Money-the 60-day cash/annuity clock starts with the DRAWING. Claim after that and you're stuck with annual payments.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg

Illinois

Scratchers

Pick 3

occassional Pick 4

Little Lotto
almost every day

Lotto

Mega Millions

Powerball- Missouri or Kentucky - when we get delusional and think we might have a chance of hitting (include Mega Millions in that category)

Missouri

scratchers (seem to pay off way more often than Illinois)

Show Me 5

Forgot to add Keno in states where it is offered. However, I usually only play when I'm at a bar that has it and usually will play a 4-spot quick pick 5 times. Typically one at least wins their money back that way. I have played it in NY, MD, DC, and WV.

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Sat, Oct 16, 2021, 9:57 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?