Neteller - ALERT

Bluegrass's avatar - nw archer.jpg
Those of you that might be using Neteller might want to check your bank account....and I know that a lot of you do use Neteller to transfer funds to your on-line betting service and for other purposes also
I say this because...since Barb has been in the hospital, I have been paying the bills....and keeping the check book in balance...
Earlier today, I was checking my account on-line, and while I was looking at it, a debit from Neteller was posted to my checking
account....seemed funny since I had not made any transfers for months...so I called them and questioned them...they were
apologetic but so far have not re-credited that amount back into my account.
Seems like they had a little computer trouble many months ago.....and are just now "catching up" is their excuse, but in back-tracking,
I found that this was a duplicate withdrawal...in their favor, of course.
A word to the wise....check your bank account if you are using Neteller. Needless to say, I closed my Neteller account immediately.
Bob  Coffeebg
JAP69's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Thanks Bob

Raven62's avatar - binary
Those of you that might be using Neteller might want to check your bank account....and I know that a lot of you do use Neteller to transfer funds to your on-line betting service and for other purposes also
I say this because...since Barb has been in the hospital, I have been paying the bills....and keeping the check book in balance...
Earlier today, I was checking my account on-line, and while I was looking at it, a debit from Neteller was posted to my checking
account....seemed funny since I had not made any transfers for months...so I called them and questioned them...they were
apologetic but so far have not re-credited that amount back into my account.
Seems like they had a little computer trouble many months ago.....and are just now "catching up" is their excuse, but in back-tracking,
I found that this was a duplicate withdrawal...in their favor, of course.
A word to the wise....check your bank account if you are using Neteller. Needless to say, I closed my Neteller account immediately.
Bob  Coffeebg

What makes you think closing your account will stop them from making future withdrawals from you account?
Coffee

Winner2Be's avatar - diva

Thanks for the heads up/warning Bob!!!

I know by closing the account they no longer have access to his banking information...not a difficult question. What?  Raven are you sure what Neteller is?

thanks bob.......

this is the very reason i got three accounts at three different banks.i have one bank i do my neteller with.i have one i do my betslips with and the final resting place for my stash is in a seperate bank from these two.at both my neteller and betslips i have checking only at these banks and only 200-300 at a time in both.any winnings i get out immediately.the winnings from either of these go to a bank where i have only savings and its at a seperate place neither one can touch.

Winner2Be,

Of course they won't still have his account information after he closes his account! ROFL Do you know anything about accounting paper trails? Businesses are required to keep records of customer accounts; even customer accounts that are closed. Coffee

thanks bob.......

this is the very reason i got three accounts at three different banks.i have one bank i do my neteller with.i have one i do my betslips with and the final resting place for my stash is in a seperate bank from these two.at both my neteller and betslips i have checking only at these banks and only 200-300 at a time in both.any winnings i get out immediately.the winnings from either of these go to a bank where i have only savings and its at a seperate place neither one can touch.

WTG LottoMike: That's a good plan to protect your Lottery assets.

Thank you sooooo much!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

thanks genius!  Lovies

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg

Click2Pay has been awesome.  I've never been a fan of Neteller.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

This is a shining example of why I don't use click2pay. Any payment system that has direct access to your bank account can get hacked and open you up to liabilities. For me it's Credit cards or nothing. You're lucky you noticed it right away and it was a mistake from Netteller, hackers aren't so kind.

i'll admit i play both places.but this is why i don't keep large amounts at either place i play.that seperate savings is the only savings i have and right now i think i have about 4,500 in it.its my watering hole i go to when i need more to gamble and where i put my winnings when i win.

This is a shining example of why I don't use click2pay. Any payment system that has direct access to your bank account can get hacked and open you up to liabilities. For me it's Credit cards or nothing. You're lucky you noticed it right away and it was a mistake from Netteller, hackers aren't so kind.

You don't need to use a bank account at Click2Pay.  It works just like PayPal.  You can use a credit card -- any credit card seems to work just fine.

If you are just plain opposed to using a 3rd party payment system, that's a different story, but I think it's equally wrong.  (Sorry for being so blunt.)  The reason is that you have the choice of spreading your credit card number around to every site you make a purchase from, or keeping your number secure with one payment system, and only using an ID code at different websites.  It's obviously much safer for you to keep your credit card info at one (or fewer) places than to give it to every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there.

hope you do eventually recover those funds bob.......

I am just completely amazed by people here.  Some people just try to slip in nasty comments about a good sponsor of Lottery Post every chance they get.  If the small number of people who can't find something nice to say really are so bent out of shape about everything, then just stay offline!!

For anyone wondering what I'm talking about, I deleted a few posts.

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Mon, Oct 18, 2021, 2:30 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?