Non-lottery related, my trip to China

Snakeyes's avatar - 8579390479 65f71643cf_m.jpg

Hello all,

For those of you that were wondering where I was (cause I had several PM's) for the past two weeks...in good ol' China. I had to visit a company in Shenzhen, China that was building a tool for us. This was my first experience leaving the North American continent and may I say, I had an overwhelming eyeopener. I'm sure someone out there in LP-land has been in China. Perhaps someone here even lives in China.

I come home humbled at what I have and where I come from. I also am more cognizant of China's industrial capabilities and now understand how those competing against China for business are having a hard time.

Hong Kong city is absolutely beautiful when lit up at night; I spent hours just staring at all the buildings from my hotel in kowloon. However, you can have the 19 hour's of airtime!

I love Beef with Broccoli.

And that's ALL that I ate! LOL!

Chicken Lo Mein. The bomb!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea

Hello all,

For those of you that were wondering where I was (cause I had several PM's) for the past two weeks...in good ol' China. I had to visit a company in Shenzhen, China that was building a tool for us. This was my first experience leaving the North American continent and may I say, I had an overwhelming eyeopener. I'm sure someone out there in LP-land has been in China. Perhaps someone here even lives in China.

I come home humbled at what I have and where I come from. I also am more cognizant of China's industrial capabilities and now understand how those competing against China for business are having a hard time.

Hong Kong city is absolutely beautiful when lit up at night; I spent hours just staring at all the buildings from my hotel in kowloon. However, you can have the 19 hour's of airtime!

Wow Snakeyes!  What an experience!  Good for you.  I'm glad you had the opportunity to do that.  Thank you for sharing.

Blackie's avatar - A9EEAD01 0495-48CD-A336-536504FFBD9E2.jpeg

I liked the Tailor shops there. Not so much for the suits they make but the fact that it is the only place I ever been that I can go from shop to shop and drink free beer.

Oh, the beer in China is excellent! However, I spent most of my shopping time looking for jewelry. The only thing they offered me was hot water. I still don't get that.

i'm of chinese descent, born and raised in michigan

i value the democracy and freedoms of the US as much as joe schmoe, but 21st century china is about to make the US look like 19th century china.  i wish it weren't so likely.

the US entertainment/sports industry, sheer marketing spin, and the pitiful cultural values both have spawned in the american people hopefully (likely?) will step aside from here...

Special order, Fried Wonton in a sweet garlic sauce.

Sweet cabbage rice pilaf, oriental style. It's actually a sweet chinese cabbage. The rice awakes in delight, once the sweet cabbage is introduced.

Blackie's avatar - A9EEAD01 0495-48CD-A336-536504FFBD9E2.jpeg

Oh, the beer in China is excellent! However, I spent most of my shopping time looking for jewelry. The only thing they offered me was hot water. I still don't get that.

The hot water especially a hot towel was for washing the hands. Probably seen that on the flight over and boy is it hot.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg

I've been to Hong Kong myself.  Did you go to the top of the mountain with the train that goes vertical?  Quite a view - not to be missed.  Glad you were able to experience things over there.  Hong Kong is quite a city.

Didn't get a chance to ride the train in Hong Kong. I had enough time to take in the view from my hotel room then I crashed for about 8 hours. Got up the next day and went to Shenzhen, where I spent the rest of my trip. However, I'll be back there in about 6-9 months so, I'll add that train ride to my "to-do" list.

Speaking of food, I did try a hot (spicy) cabbage. Man was that good.

TopEnd of thread (1 page)

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Tue, Oct 19, 2021, 3:43 am

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?