One $220M Powerball winner in Missouri

Todd's avatar - Cylon 200.jpg

Source : USA Mega

I hope it's a Lottery Post member!

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

Well I guess it's just up to Mega millions now to break 300 but I'm not holding my breath. Megamillions has only reached 300 million once.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg

$224.2 million in annuity money I do not know what the cash is.-weshar75

I think it's around $101 million.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

101.1 + extra if sales were higher than expected. About 65 million after federal tax.

fja's avatar - gnome1

Dog gone!  I don't know anybody in the "Show Me" State!!!

SassysBaibeee's avatar - kiss

Congrats to the winner!

Let's hope they don't become a statistic, there isn't much to do around them there parts! lol

SassyOhio's avatar - Picture012

LOl,  well congrats to the winner  I just have one 2 questions.... what brand of water do you drink and can I rub your elbows ? Lep

Congratulations MO on winning the PB Jackpot. I had hoped it rolled.

I am very happy that somebody finally won.  But you can bet besides Just6ntic there's some sad faces at Powerball headquarters this morning becase winneres are bad for the game.  A winner means no rollover.  No rollover means no record.  And no record means no bonuses for Powerball execs. 

Bummer! 

Jim 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk

The PowerBall win may help MegaMillions set a new record.  Those PowerBall players who still want to play for a $220M jackpot can travel across the boarder and play MegaMillions.  For Ohio, they'll be coming from the PB states of Indiana, Kentucky, West Virgina and Pennsylvania.

Remember though there's lots of Powerball states that don't border Mega Millions states. In contrast, every Mega Millions state borders at least one Powerball state. I'll bet Mega limits the states that can play because they want all their states to maximize profits from Mega Millions, and the more states that play, the less sales each state should get because players may not come from other states.

Unusual for a MUSL member, Missouri starts the 60-day clock with the DRAWING. A Powerball/MO Lotto winner claiming after the 60 days loses their right to collect in lump sum.

Congrats to the winner!

Let's hope they don't become a statistic, there isn't much to do around them there parts! lol

Baibee, with that much cake, they can leave them there parts in a literal cloud of dust...

I would be in Vegas so fast it would make your head spin like a slot machine reel !

Congrats to the winner(s) !!

DD

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk

Remember though there's lots of Powerball states that don't border Mega Millions states. In contrast, every Mega Millions state borders at least one Powerball state. I'll bet Mega limits the states that can play because they want all their states to maximize profits from Mega Millions, and the more states that play, the less sales each state should get because players may not come from other states.

I use to drive to Michigan to get BigGame tickets, now both Ohio and Michigan are MegaMillions states.  Apparently Michigan didn't mind losing players from Ohio and Indiana when Ohio joined the group.

Welcome Guest

Your last visit: Wed, Oct 27, 2021, 11:49 pm

Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?